Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I Recently have been looking through the forums for led drive light issues and I can't seem to find any answers for my issue. so hear I go with my first issue that I am having. I just recently bought a set of dual led drive lights that when you first turn them on the are standard white when first turned on then when you turn them off then back on they are amber fog lights. I also picked up the resistor wiring kit for them for the canbus system that the nitro's have. I have installed them with and with out the resistors and for some reason they will not turn on through the factory drive/fog light switch. I have tested the lights with direct wiring and they do work. Also, the standard halogen bulbs do work when reinstalled. Has anyone had this issue and know how to resolve it?
Here are the led bulbs that I have: 2xH10 9145 led fog white/yellow dual color cree projector drl driving bulb, from Ebay.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
In the 07 Nitro the Fogs use a H109145 or 9145 or H10 bulb. Which is what you say you have. But what are the resisters you have? In a later year Nitro they went to a 24 watt fog bulb. If the resisters are for a 24 watt fog, it would explain why they do not work.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the 07 Nitro the Fogs use a H109145 or 9145 or H10 bulb. Which is what you say you have. But what are the resisters you have? In a later year Nitro they went to a 24 watt fog bulb. If the resisters are for a 24 watt fog, it would explain why they do not work.
Thanks Scar0!
I did some looking in to the issue today and I found that when they manufactured the lights they wired the light plug backwards. So I had to take the casing apart on the pigtails and reset the wires from the lights. Would would think being a mechanic I would of checked the simplest think first.
Anyway I got them working and they are awesome. I'll up load pics soon as well as what my ride looks like. Next up will be led headlights.

Thanks!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Whoot! Well done on the fix!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
my fog lights came like that....i just reversed the connector and they did fine. LED with halo ring for a wrangler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts