Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just mentioned this in another post.

The sensor in the lift gate latch is bad. As far as I know you need to replace the entire latch.

You can remove the hatch plastics and unplug the sensor until you get it replaced. While it is unplugged, you will not have a hatch ajar light functioning along with no interior lights coming on when you open the hatch.

The hatch will still lock and unlock though.

Shawn

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Hello and welcome Henry Suber,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
The hatch catch may just need to be adjusted a little to the left side of the rig.
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig, then it will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle: 07 Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,439 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here. Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just mentioned this in another post.

The sensor in the lift gate latch is bad. As far as I know you need to replace the entire latch.

You can remove the hatch plastics and unplug the sensor until you get it replaced. While it is unplugged, you will not have a hatch ajar light functioning along with no interior lights coming on when you open the hatch.

The hatch will still lock and unlock though.

Shawn
Where is the sensor on the hatch? I have this currently to my 2011 dodge nitro.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So my daughters 2010 nitro has the gate open light and some lights on....I messed with the latch....switched wires...now its unplugged and still gate light is on with some lights.....how is this possible????

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
So my daughters 2010 nitro has the gate open light and some lights on....I messed with the latch....switched wires...now its unplugged and still gate light is on with some lights.....how is this possible????
Put the wires back the way they were. That was only for the early years Nitro not the 2010.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Already did put them back....now completely unplugged and still on
Plug it in, then manually close the latch-catch with a screwdriver. 2 clicks. See if the light goes out.
If not you will need to post your question in the electrical problems section. And we will pick up there. This is someones Newbie thread and not really the place to trouble shoot this further.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts