Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few days my dome lights keep coming on and my display says gate open and my car alarm going off in the middle of the night is all from the rear lift gate latch gone bad cost of $130 for new latch and 30min of labor. I also found that with all the rain we have had the past few days their is a small leak from the rear wiper and also the tag screw holes. I took some pictures to show now everything is good to go lots of problems from such a small and easy fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The past few days my dome lights keep coming on and my display says gate open and my car alarm going off in the middle of the night is all from the rear lift gate latch gone bad cost of $130 for new latch and 30min of labor. I also found that with all the rain we have had the past few days their is a small leak from the rear wiper and also the tag screw holes. I took some pictures to show now everything is good to go lots of problems from such a small and easy fix.

Attachments

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,513 Posts
What a bummer! :confused: But glad you figured out the issue! Fix that leak too, or it will happen again. :(

Reactions: Jadi4nitro

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
This was a common problem in the early years. Dodge even put out a TSB for some that were wired backward.
In most cases the issue was not the sensor, but the latch catch had become misaligned, causing the latch to not close completely and make full contact with the switch.

Anyway, Glad you were able to source the problem and on the good side, no more leak as well...

Reactions: Jadi4nitro
1 - 4 of 4 Posts