Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m re-lifting my Nitro. Factory springs have become way too soft and one of my rear shocks is leaking pretty bad.
So far... I have Bilstein 5100’s adjustable ride height for the front and Bilstein 5100’s rear shocks. (the rear shocks, do I need some sort of mount kits for the rear?)
I’m buying OME coil springs next.
A friend of mine made me some strut mounts/top plates similar to the Daystar ones. (Using this mount style because the front Bilstein 5100’s add 1” height with the factory spring...so they claim)
Going for roughly the same lift height if not a little more than what i have now.
** anyone know where i can get a rear adjustable panhard/track bar and maybe longer front sway bar links? I may have found some longer ones for the rear that might work

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Rear shocks. You will have to look at them to see if you need any adapters. When I assisted another member here with his lift, we just needed the usual washers to fill the gap.

JBA does not sell the track bar anymore. 😢 You can probably fab one of your own.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ever heard of anyone using Dobinson lift springs?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Not me personally.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i’m looking at the front suspension correctly... the top and bottom front strut insulators are the same?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think mine were but it’s been awhile

Reactions: Patrick Lang

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
If i’m looking at the front suspension correctly... the top and bottom front strut insulators are the same?
Parts manual says they are.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m going to be replacing brake hoses while i’m at it.
Anyone know the size of the OEM brake lines? Is it 3/16” tube?

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New OME spring have shown up.
Bilstein 5100’s
Custom strut mounts
New front coil spring insulators.
Brake line fittings
Next: Braided brake hose, sway bar links, and rear track/pan-hard bar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts