Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The front bump stops I ordered...I’m returning. The red color is a little too much. I’m going to go with Teraflex black ones.
On the rear, I’m going to bolt down a puck of some sort for the rear bump stop.
I also have ordered something else (not going to say what it is) but hopefully it helps my front suspension.
Also returning the RC brake hoses, they’re a but longer than I hoped.
I’ve been in contact with Crown Automotive about having custom SS braided hoses made (came across it on a jeep forum).

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Came across JeePerf on Facebook.
Anyone ever seen the products he makes?
I sent him an inquiry about his inner tie rods for more flexability.
Going to see how much it would cost to have some made (thinking between $200-$250 if made from chromoly metal). He has four colors as well... Non-coated, Black, Red, and Orange. May just stick with the Black. I have to get some measurements for him.
I also asked about the outer tie rods, seeing how they are a bit different from what he makes. He may be able to make some custom outer tie rods as well.

and before I forget, the front coil springs I purchased...from what I read, they get about 3” of lift. If that’s the case, with the Bilstein 5100’s.... that might bring it up to 4”
Glad I have a custom track bar and longer brake hoses for this!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Watcha think???
New 2730 OME coil springs installed (left the extra coil spring insulator on the top, so I have two still on top)
New Bilstein 24-185660 5100’s installed
Hellwig 7962 adjustable sway bar links
SPOHN Performance custom made adjustable pan-hard bar installed
These springs have put me back where my RC lift originally had me sitting. Currently sitting with a slight nose dive (front original coil springs have sagged just as well), planning to change them tomorrow. Hopefully it will bring the front back up to level height
The Rancho 9000XL’s that I removed, they were completely shot! I completely pushed them back in and they did nothing. And as I pushed them in, you could hear the liquid inside and the air coming out

Should I have went with the 2731 springs?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
2731 have a higher # rating. Will make the ride stiffer but also ads a bit of height.

Reactions: Patrick Lang

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got the front ones changed yesterday.
It sat a lot higher in the front and was squatting bad. I drove it around a little and turn the steering wheel several times.
It eventually settled down.
I did have to adjust my toe so my tires weren’t toed inward. Camber is off a little also.
But i took two HD jack stands and some string and a tape measure to do my “alignment” b adjusting the toe.
I was surprised it actually drove straight, it being the first time I’ve done that.
Only reason I had to do it at home was because a local shop was too busy and I had to leave to head back to GA for work. We’re currently on storm heading to Oklahoma.
BUT the ride quality has changed a LOT! Rides a lot better with the new coil springs and shocks as well as the adjustable sway bar links and adjustable pan-hard bad added to the rear

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks a lot better with the inner wheel wells being all black!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Finally got around to installing Teraflex extended front bump stops and Rubicon Express bump stops (hockey puck) for the rear.
Quadratec Part #: 16311.430
Rubicon Express Part #: RE1380

Quadratec Part #: 16197.7000
Teraflex Part #: 1903200

Quadratec Part #: 16311.430
Rubicon Express Part #: RE1380

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
FYI with the rear “hockey puck”
I place the puck in the center, took a center punch and made a center point for my drill bit to start, drill the hole, and used the supplied bolts to make threads in the hole to hold the puck. (The bolt end is kinda rigid, for making it’s own threads in the hole).
When I can, i’ll leave info on the drill bit size I used.

STILL trying to get in touch with someone at Crown Performance about making some extended SS brake hoses for me. Anyone ever have a problem contacting them??
I’ve tried email and calling and get no response

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
One thing I have noticed so far....
When going over bumps (going over them evenly, both front wheels at the same time and then both rear wheels at the same time), the driver rear seems to dip a little. Almost as if the coil spring is really soft or the shock is bad (shocks is not bad, they were both checked before I installed them. They were also removed when installing the rear pucks, and are still good)

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
767 Posts
Maybe u have more weight over there. U and a tank of gas? Lol

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Maybe u have more weight over there. U and a tank of gas? Lol
Well it does it with either, a full tank or an almost empty tank

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Try swapping the shocks to see if the problem follows over, if same, try swapping the springs.

Reactions: JPthekid

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Here’s another update:
Sway bar links!
Rear: TERAFLEX 1754500 for the Jeep JK 3-4” lift work PERFECTLY! (For 3” lifted Nitro) I swapped out the ones I had because the bolt holes are not the same size and was causing some noise. I ran them until I was able to get the TERAFLEX Links. Differential clearance is PERFECT with the Nitro diff cover
Front: Jeep WK front sway bar links, they somewhat fit but are going to need the bends to match factory links. (Currently looking for someone to bend them for me)
The TERAFLEX links seem pretty heavy duty compared to the factory ones, and same for the WK links I purchased
I’ll share pictures of the front ones as soon as I install them after being bent

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So Crown Performance doesn’t seem to want my business. They can’t keep in contact and I’m tired of trying.
PIRTEK is going to be making me some SS Braided Brake Hoses for the front and rear for my Nitro. They even have color options but i’m sticking to clear. Out the door price for four brake hoses is roughly $240

21 - 36 of 36 Posts