Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lifted my 09 nitro with strut spacers and changed my a arms with jab ones and the front end still makes a clunking sound when I hit a bump in the road or make a turn does anyone know what is making this sound

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,516 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Hello and welcome @OAHU808, to the Nitro “Z” family!

Checked out the off road or suspension sections of the forum. You might find your answer there.

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just lifted my 09 nitro with strut spacers and changed my a arms with jab ones and the front end still makes a clunking sound when I hit a bump in the road or make a turn does anyone know what is making this sound
Did you replace your front bump stops with extended ones? I had a similar problem and replaced the stock ones with these:
Front Bump Stop Extension For 2-4" Lift Kit | Liberty KJ KK Nitro 2002-2012 | eBay

Will make a rough ride from a lift much more manageable. Do a youtube search on the importance of bump stops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts