Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!!

got something strange going on here in 'la petite Belgium'..

fuse of cigarette lighter was blown, replaced it.

but blew again when i use the lighter itself, and fuse holds if I plug in portable DVD or vacuum cleaner.

how come??

grtz

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wrong cigarette lighter. This has been known to happen. Its to short or to long. I cannot remember its been so long ago since this has come up. A quick fix would be to give up the cigarette habit and just watch movies or use the vacuum to keep it clean. But really its the wrong lighter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx ace43,

I don't smoke in my car, so I do not really have a problem :)

but I don't have to worry it's a short circuit or an electrical other problem?
I safely can use the DVD or cleaner? that's for me the most important, wouldn't dream of it having a fire with my son sitting in the car..

grtz

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
As Ace43 said above there was another member here with the same issue.
The lighter was the wrong one. Dodge had to order them another one which fit the socket correctly.
See this thread. Keep blowing cigar lighter fuse Last page for the correct part #.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't know if this is related but, recently I purchased a portable heater that is a 12v 150 watt I plug into the cigarette outlet . It will last about 5 min before it blows a 20A fuse. Does anyone know how to fix this or should I not use that heater?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
the heater is most likely drawing to much power for the socket to handle, you replace the fuse with a larger ampage fuse then you run the risk of overloading the wiring harness,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.