Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have 08 Nitro SE with 45,000 miles, Took it to inspection today and he found a lot of problems that I couldnt identify while driving.
some of them seem a bit suspicious and I would like to have your help with it to understand if they are true or common:

1. Internal noises and knocking while starting to accelerate. pulley noise (I think its called pulley, its translated). maybe it
2. front axle and steering:Steering column knocking inside driver cabin.
3. Oil leaks in ignition system, this one seems more ordinary but from my inspection couldnt find any leaks.

Thanks!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,440 Posts
Welcome to the forum xmenta12345
xmenta12345. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

1. Check the idler pulley on the serpentine belt, also check the water pump for play.
2. My 07 does this. Can hear it, and feel it in the steering wheel when I turn. I have not had time to check it out for the cause yet.
3. Is this a Diesel Nitro?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum xmenta12345
xmenta12345. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

1. Check the idler pulley on the serpentine belt, also check the water pump for play.
2. My 07 does this. Can hear it, and feel it in the steering wheel when I turn. I have not had time to check it out for the cause yet.
3. Is this a Diesel Nitro?
hey.
1. will do, I hope this is the problem, its pretty cheap to fix.
2. Yeah I do feel a bit of that but I think it comes from the factory, It doesnt feel wrong. How long do you have it?
3. Petrol, 3.7L

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,440 Posts
2. I bought the Nitro new. Noise and feeling started 3+- years ago.
3. I was asking because something was lost in the translation.
There is no oil in the ignition system... Ignition is spark plugs and fuel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2. I bought the Nitro new. Noise and feeling started 3+- years ago.
3. I was asking because something was lost in the translation.
There is no oil in the ignition system... Ignition is spark plugs and fuel.
Maybe propulsion system?
Im 90% sure its Ignition.

Its in the Powertrain category

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,440 Posts
Sometimes you will get a little oil in the spark plug socket if you have a small valve cover leak. To see in the hole around the spark plug, you need to remove the coil pack that sits on top of the spark plug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
s
Sometimes you will get a little oil in the spark plug socket if you have a small valve cover leak. To see in the hole around the spark plug, you need to remove the coil pack that sits on top of the spark plug.
Is that expensive to fix?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,440 Posts
Not really. If you do the work it will be less. I have not done this, so I can not tell you all that needs to be removed to get the valve cover off to replace the gasket.
It looks like the right side would be more difficult to get off because of the A/C compressor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts