Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking for a locking gas cap. I went to the dealer, they didn't have a clue. I went to a couple parts stores, no idea. Then I decided to take my stock cap into a parts store and look for myself. WOW I found one. Stant makes a locking gas cap that is an exact fit. It is # 11508

On Stant's site they list # 10508 Stant

on the package it says "This cap also fits Stant 10508 applications"

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Hey Rickster. Glad you were able to find a cap. I guess there aren't too many different gas tank filler tube differences. Haven't really even thought about it. Learn something new almost everyday.Were you having a problem with missing fuel? And does this cap vent properly as to not make the check engine light come on??

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
The standard locking gas cap (5015636AB) the dealers carry can be coded by the dealer or a locksmith to match your ignition key. One less key on your ring. I found a dealer selling the caps for 17.99 but they wanted 14.99 for shipping. Ouch! Even then, it's still a few bucks cheaper than most Mopar dealers.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had the cap on the Nitro for 3 days and no check engine light. The cap has the same vent system as the stock one.

I payed $14 dollars for mine, but admit, if the the dealer had found the one Dodge has, with the same key, I would have bought that one. Way too many keys on my ring :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.