Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Tom was on the right track. If it is not a fuel related issue it could be the cam or crank position sensors getting heat soaked.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi, cant help much with this That hasn't already been suggested.
unfortunately the new vehicles are so complex it could be anything, the fault as already been mentioned does suggest a fuel issue, often low pressure it doesn't affect cold starting as much as the system naturally richens the mixture because its cold which can then mask the issue/fault or compensate for it.

But now there are so many temperature sensitive sensors, its hard to diagnose.

But you have to start somewhere, unfortunately it would have to be at the garage or dealer to check any fault codes which may be stored,

But suspect items could be coolant temp sensor, inlet air temp sensor, etc,
sorry cant be much more specific.

Re the law mower, its unlikely to be the ECU or fuel injection! leave it 20 minutes and havea cup of tea.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey guys, Just checking this thread. I have a dealership service appointment setup for next week for the lifetime inspection. I also told them to look into this issue.

So far I can say its not a fuel system problem. I am 100% sure on that. I also purchased new cam and crank sensors ( about 4 months ago). I will be replacing them after I have the inspection is done and this issue looked into by dealership.

I've also noticed that with colder outside temps the issue isn't as much as it is in hotter temps.

More to come next week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
OK update so I replaced the crank shaft position sensor and used it for work today. So far it seemed to fixed this problem. I got her hot several times and it started every time.

I'll update this post at the end of the week.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to how things go long term. :smileup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
watch your language, this is a co-ed and
PG-13 forum. thanks, douglas

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tom. Did you ever solve your long crank when hot issue? If so, what was the cause? I have a 2007 Nitro R/T (4.0L engine) and it has been cranking long on hot startup for the past 5 years and 75k miles! Dealer and others cannot find the cause.

·
Lighting Guru!
3,633 Posts
Hi Tom. Did you ever solve your long crank when hot issue? If so, what was the cause? I have a 2007 Nitro R/T (4.0L engine) and it has been cranking long on hot startup for the past 5 years and 75k miles! Dealer and others cannot find the cause.
Welcome to the forum Captain Ron, when you get a chance, head on over to the "Newbie Section", so that we can give you a proper welcoming.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Welcome CAPTAIN RON, My nitro is also still doing this. It has been over two years and i have had it looked at by three mechanics. None of them could find the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update on this guys? Mine has exact same hot start symptoms, cranks for a while when just shut down. Also lately its "roaring" when cold starting...??

There was another thread on this forum where someone said it was the radio...

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Any update on this guys? Mine has exact same hot start symptoms, cranks for a while when just shut down. Also lately its "roaring" when cold starting...??

There was another thread on this forum where someone said it was the radio...
Welcome to the forum Xanderak.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

I have not heard about the radio causing this.
We currently have 4-5 "No start when warm" threads right now. No one has ever come back to let us know what the cause/fix was so far... One member changed the PCV valve and said it was working so far, but no further updates as to if that "for sure" solved the problem.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Any update here guys? My mother in law is having the same issue on her 07 with 39k on it. Just had the fuel pump replaced and that did not fix anything.
I wish I did. Mine has now been like this for 4 years. But I have only put 4000 miles on it in the last 4 year. I now drive a company truck. I have had two local dodge techs look at it and I have friends that are mechanic and they have both looked into it with nothing found.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Ah, that one. Now I remember... Old age I guess.
The post there sounded more like a TIPM issue. Power not turning of, A/C not working, battery going dead.
I wonder what the dealer did besides replacing the radio. Maybe a computer update of some kind...?

minitrucker007 That would be great if you could try it!

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I will as soon as I get the nitro charged up. I went out and it was dead. I just replaced my TIPM about two months ago. I haven't had any problems with my nitro since the TPIM was replace. No more going crazy, seat heaters work again and the headlight no long flicker at night remote start work from the house again before I had to be stand right beside the nitro for it to start. But it does still long start after the engine worms up.

Ah, that one. Now I remember... Old age I guess.
The post there sounded more like a TIPM issue. Power not turning of, A/C not working, battery going dead.
I wonder what the dealer did besides replacing the radio. Maybe a computer update of some kind...?

minitrucker007 That would be great if you could try it!

21 - 40 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.