Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I got asked to complete a survey on my purchase decisions on my Nitro. Very long survey, but basically it wanted to know about why I selected a Nitro over the brands from other OEM's.

I couldn't answer about 70% to 80% of the questions. The questions and possible answers didn't apply! There was no room for "other" answers.

Just in case someone from Nitro reads this, I want to let you know why I did buy my Nitro; but I didn't fill out the survey.

I am almost at retirement age. And I mean real close to retirement. And During the month of November I looked at maybe 15 makes and models of cars from crossovers, to small SUV, and some used full size SUVs. For all those cars, I choose the Nitro.

You see, with my hip joints and knees the Nitro is the least painful to get into and out of for its price. Also just to sit in the driver's seat and drive is very comfortable for me, again, for its price.

So anyway, the survey had no where to let me tell them that my selection had to do with the ergonomic design of the Nitro. The Engineers who designed the Driver's seat and door deserve an honest Well Done for the ergonomic considerations they gave the design. The style of the Nitro is great, the engine power and millage is good, the paint color is OK, and all that other stuff but these were just gravy for me. The Nitro was just the least painful ergonomics car I tried that was within my budget.

This answer, ergonomic design, was not one of the possible responses from me on the survey. That is why I could not fill out the survey.

Phil

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Comfort is a great reason to buy! I noticed that also. I have a lower back condition and I'm used to the larger SUV's... but the Nitro just felt good to me. It's nice around town... peppy with crisp handling.
I filled out my survey because I like to mention every little problem to try and better the line. Most dealers will give ya a free oil change if you bring it back to them. Probably a way to weed out bad dealership comments. But I'd rather send mine in... tell it like it is... and maybe eliminate a problem for somebody else.
Enjoy the ride... :Racing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... When I test drove a Nitro, I had a hard time getting in because the header was so low, it was too easy to hit my head....
Huh??
Just how tall are you? I am 6'2" with a bad hip, knee and legs.

Are you sure you're talking about a Nitro??
The top of my Nitro's roof (SXT) is about 6ft off the ground. It has LOTS of headroom. A good hand-span above my head type of head room.

If you are talking about the Dodge Caliber, well that is a whole 'nother story. My bad knee aches just thinking about getting into the Caliber.

My SXT header is higher than any so called cross-over class vehicles, and most of the other small SUVs in the Nitro class.

Well, maybe, I can give you the header in the Dodge Durango and other Full Size SUVs could be (well, yes, are) higher, but that is another huge step in price / comfort / size of vehicles. My comments were directed to the Nitro and its competition in it's own class of Small SUVs.

top gun said:
I filled out my survey because I like to mention every little problem to try and better the line. Most dealers will give ya a free oil change if you bring it back to them.
Yes, I did send in the short survey about the dealership and how the car was received (gave high marks all around!!)

The survey I was talking about is about 20 to 30 pages long. Came in the mail about 2-1/2 months after purchase. IIRC, It asks questions about the effective marketing of the Nitro; Madison Ave type questions. Questions about the TV Adds, magazine adds so forth. Wanted to know my opinion about color choices between Nitro (and Dodge cars) vs GM and Ford paint colors. (Trust me, as I guy who drives a Nitro, I don't do color swatches. And any brave sole want to guess on many of the ladies who own a Nitro who 'do' color swatches?)

Plain and simple, I purchased a Nitro because It Felt Comfortable to Drive.
Period.

Phil

·
Registered
257 Posts
Phil, I agree with what you say about comfortable getting in and out and the seats, I just drove my nitro from DE to FL, great trip 21.7 MPG with 1500 miles on it. Its a great comfortable vehicle to drive and handles great
You can check my nitro in the picture gallery Les

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.