Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Today I was out and when I tried to start my Nitro it would not start. It was shuddering. 2007 R/T, 115K miles. The ETC Warning Light was on. The codes I pulled on the dash were P0562 (System Voltage Low), P2122 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'D' Circuit Low, P2111 (Electronic Throttle Control Unable Close), P2138 (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit).
Tried a few times to start car... wouldn't start. Called roadside and was looking for a place to get towed. I decided to try one more time to start car as I was not in a good place for tow truck and..... it started no problem. The check engine light and the ETC warning light were off. I decided to just drive home because I wasn't too far.
I pulled into my driveway and sat there for a minute and then suddenly the car just lost power and the ETC light came on again.
Now she's just sitting there and I'm trying to decide what to do.
Any advice?
I looked at all of the past information that I could find here and see varying causes and solutions for some of the different codes. Where would you start?
Odds are I am going to have to bring it in somewhere and I just moved and don't have a place to bring it that I trust - starting from scratch. I appreciate any advice that you have.
Thank you!
Wendy

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Disconnect Neg (-) battery cable, then the Pos(+). Clean the terminals, including the one at the TIPM(fuse box). Have the battery tested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnect Neg (-) battery cable, then the Pos(+). Clean the terminals, including the one at the TIPM(fuse box). Have the battery tested.
Thank you. It started right back up Saturday (with no problems) and while I had someone available to drive me home, I made it to a mechanic and left her there so that they could look at it today. The mechanic called, still trying to figure it out. She started back up like normal for them this morning; after sitting for awhile it stalled. He said that when he pressed on gas it wouldn't throttle (in Park); just something that has been noticed. I'll keep things updated here. Appreciate you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. Just an update for anyone interested. I was told that I need a new throttle body; total $726 - $260 labor and $390 parts. I haven't seen the itemized invoice yet.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Sure hope that does it for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts