Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt anyone can help me here. Maybe someone can.

Without any prior warning, I suddenly can't get my main low-beam headlights to light.

As some know, I swapped out my OEM headlights with xenon, projector, halo assemblies. It took me a year for myself and some professionals - and many not-so-professionals - to get them set up right and working correctly. I've been running without a problem for a little over a year now, when suddenly both front xenon lights simply will not light. Everything else works.

Since there is no fuse on the Nitro for the headlights - it's a computer - I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, hoping the problem would correct itself with a reboot. No luck. I have two high quality ($100/ea.) Morimoto XB ballasts on the xenon low-beams. When a ballast corrupts, it does it slowly, over time. They'll start flickering, then, eventually, just stop lighting. There was no flickering. And both lights are suddenly inop at the same time.

I'm thinking this has to be a problem outside the after-market headlight assemblies. I did have to have a more capable harness installed to power the xenons. Could a component in the after-market harness be the problem? Could there be a problem in the factory Lighting Control Unit? I have a feeling this is just going to have to be taken to someone to literally test each component leading to the head lights individually. :(

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
I like simple fixes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts