Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is a driving style issue and is currently under investigation. The transmission control module (TCM) software allows the torque converter clutch to engage at relatively low engine RPM when driving with very light throttle. This condition may be more pronounced when driving up a slight incline. No corrective action process is available at this time.

Possible TCM flash update may be developed. TSB or other service publication may be published when corrective action process is defined.
I will be very happy when they come up with a fix for this.your explaination for this is right on.it drives me up the wall when i get to drive ours.i really notice it on the little hills and just when you get going the converter locks up.

just a question on this,would the bg ecu reprogram do anything on this.

Mike

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Mike.....when I talked with B&G I was only told their reprogramming removes the torque management, and changes the up and downshift feel. I questioned whether it would address the Nitro's problem shifting and he did not address my question. That's all I know. :confused:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
This is the 4sped (42RLE) which is mated to the 3.7L engine we're talking about. The 4.0L engine get the NAG1 transmission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Transmission/torque Converter Problems

The Nitro has been in for the third time to fix the shudder. The torque converter has been replaced, the computer flashed numerous times, and all TSB's performed including recall G25. It may be a little better but it still shudders or shifts constantly. The dealer has been great but their hands are tied. I even rode in a "new" Nitro and it has the same symptoms. The bottom line is that Chrysler does not know how to fix this:shakehead:. This to me is unacceptable. When you buy a new vehicle you expect it to operate well.
I have contacted a Chrysler comsumer representative, but I do not believe I'll see much help. I am thinking about the "lemon" law. I suggest that everyone having problems do the same.
I have never been burned on a vehicle before in my life (I am 60) and I do not plan on going down without a fight :mad:.
I see why Diamler dumpped Chrysler.
I put this in another thread, but try shutting off traction control. My shudder disappears when i turn it off. Of course i need that during winter but if it is not shitty, i turn it off now

21 - 26 of 26 Posts