Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 5 lug stock 18in chrome wheels will fit on the Nitro? I have a spare set of the chrome 18's with only 9k on them, and my wife makes a face if I mention offroading in the Nitro...

thanks

Bryan

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wouldn't. As best as I can tell, the Mag wheels have a bolt pattern of 5x115mm. The Nitro's is 5x4.5", which works out to 5x114.3mm. While they may bolt up and look fine, they won't be sitting on the hub quite right if they really are different bolt patterns. I don't know about you, but a wheel is the last thing I'd want coming loose on the highway..

No idea on the offset, but that's generally something you'd be able to spot easily if it's different.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Does anyone know if the 5 lug stock 18in chrome wheels will fit on the Nitro? I have a spare set of the chrome 18's with only 9k on them, and my wife makes a face if I mention offroading in the Nitro...

thanks

Bryan
I'd go with what bch said. I just did a lot of wheel investigation and I would be amazed if they bolted up correctly. I checked at the dealer to see if maybe the 20" Charger or 18" Caliber wheels would fit the Nitro and it was a no across the board. Even the stock chrome clad R/T 20's I finally bought needed a mild alteration. The chrome clad is bonded on with an industrial adhesive and they leave these little plastic clips on the back centers of the wheels. It helps hold the centers down during manufacturing while the adhesive sets up. Those have to be cut or snapped off for the rears to fit the SXT... and that's Nitro to Nitro.

I can tell you that the Nitro has hub centric fitting not lug centric... which means the wheels are set & centered by the hubs & not the lugs. So even a little bit off on the bolt pattern is a bad thing.
Of course you could test fit but if everything doesn't slide on easily and perfect... I would not take the chance.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Regardless of of the bolt pattern spacing, the actual lugnut stud is larger on an LX(Magnum) and would require modifications of the Nitro's hub for the wheel to fit. Maybe a custom set of spacers would do the trick. There are manufacturers producing spacers for the Nitro's already, maybe someone should suggest they produces spacers that allow LX wheel patterns. :smileup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.