Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess it was bound to happen we're going to run into a problem there are no nitro catalytic converters for California emissions the ones you do find are $1,400 a piece you can replace your oxygen sensors that's one way to solve the problem but the rear sensors will still show that the converter is not doing anything talk to your mechanic there are these trick sensors that will bypass the converter and say that it's doing fine and you'll get no more codes I know it works I saw it work on a Honda a Cadillac converters were totally melted out and the trick sensors made it believe they were still there blessings to you who can afford $3,000 for an exhaust nitro has two converters,, but the sensors were $40 a piece and it takes four of them if you need all four so do your homework don't just go dump a bunch of money blessings to you

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,254 Posts
Well I guess it was bound to happen we're going to run into a problem there are no nitro catalytic converters for California emissions the ones you do find are $1,400 a piece you can replace your oxygen sensors that's one way to solve the problem but the rear sensors will still show that the converter is not doing anything talk to your mechanic there are these trick sensors that will bypass the converter and say that it's doing fine and you'll get no more codes I know it works I saw it work on a Honda a Cadillac converters were totally melted out and the trick sensors made it believe they were still there blessings to you who can afford $3,000 for an exhaust nitro has two converters,, but the sensors were $40 a piece and it takes four of them if you need all four so do your homework don't just go dump a bunch of money blessings to you
We call them O2 sensor extension or fouler back home. Unfortunately with using those back home, they do not pass NC State Inspection :\
.....unless you “know someone” who will pass the inspection for you.
Hope it works out for you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We call them O2 sensor extension or fouler back home. Unfortunately with using those back home, they do not pass NC State Inspection :\
.....unless you “know someone” who will pass the inspection for you.
Hope it works out for you
We don't have any inspections here I'm just keeping from spending $3,000 on exhaust system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts