Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the max lift you can go with a Nitro before you have to start adding longer shocks and other parts? i bout a pair of skyjacker springs not paying attention they are lifted springs. Trying to see what i can get away with since its too late.

2010 Nitro SXT 4x4

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
What is the advertised lift of the springs you bought?
Did you get front springs as well?
Most lift springs are 1.5-2".
Anything in the 1.5-2+ range will require new rear shocks.
If you got fronts as well, those too will need to be replaced.

Reactions: Nitrogen and dk1677

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.5 inch to 3". they are just the springs. i just wanted to find out. they shipped them out fast so im gonna be getting them. and looks like im gonna be buying new shocks.... it was not advertised well. it was hidden in the lower half in small text. ive been wanting to do a lift anyways. just not this soon. What would you recommend for front lifted shocks that dont break the bank yet are not so cheap that i would be scared to drive.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,657 Posts
On the rear I use Skyjacker Hydro H7088. They work OK no real complaints on them.
When I got my first front springs I used the stock shock. But they were only 1.5" lift. Then I went to the Adjust-A-strut. Which is the whole front assembly.
JBA sells some extended front shocks. You might want to check them out.
Anything for the 08+ KK (Libby) will work on the Nitro.
07- KJ (Libby) will not work. Different diameter springs, and length shocks.

Depending on the lift inches, you may need longer rear brake lines. With 2.5" you can get away with just bending the brake line hanger down a little.

On the front, you may need new upper A-arms to avoid UCA(upper control arm) /spring contact on drop. Also to get it aligned.
Without new extended A-arms designed for a lift, your steering knuckle ball joint will be at an extreme angle.

Reactions: Hori and Nitrogen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much. i really appreciate it. Also any ideas on where to get a front end replacement for the Nitro? i see a couple of guys with it on here. i live in Houston, Texas. I want a lil bit better protection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never mind i found them on the website.... and man they are expensive. But they look like they are worth it. a lil bit of modding and they will fit perfectly.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,657 Posts
Front end replacement?

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,299 Posts
I highly recommend JBA UCA's with the lift, pretty sure anyone on here with a lifted Nitro would.
Never heard of just the springs being sold thougho_O
i currently have Rough Country lift (for Jeep Liberty KK) and Rancho 9000xl shocks and struts with a .5" clevis spacer on the front and added coil spring insulator on the rear as well as JBA UCA's. with the shocks set to #4, it's a pretty smooth ride quality
looking forward to see what it looks like also...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts