Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires.
I have a 2009 Dodge Nitro R/T 4x4.
Original tires were Goodyear Wrangler HP P245/50R20 102S.
I'm thinking about buying Michelin Latitude Tour HP - P245/50R20 102H from SAM's Club for $245 each.

1. Anyone have these?
  2. Will they fit up OK?
  3. Anyone know if they are as low a profile tire as the original?
  4. Are they worth a rats behind?
My Goodyear tires are shot.
I remember when I bought my Nitro, I was not too impressed with the tread thickness on the Goodyear tire. I would like something a little beefier and still serve as an all around good winter/summer/rain street tire.
I checked Goodyear and can't seem to find the originals. I guess they stopped making them. I think I would like to go with a Michelin this time.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
never had the michelin latitude but have had lots of Goodyear and michelin on several different vehicles and the Goodyear seem to last longer (a lot longer).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Never had a good year I liked. They last long cuz they are hard as rocks and don't wear. I prefer a softer 50,000 Mile tire.. I like to change my tires before the tread wears out.

I put changer Cooper on my wife's 300 and love them. Cs5 touring if you want a passenger tire. Love the Cooper on the nitro too. But went with the at3. Awesome.

If you are stuck in Michelin or goodyear. I say Michelin defender.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
1. Me no
2. P245/50R20 is stock size, they will fit.
3. They are the same specs as stock, so they will be very close to the same. Maybe a few MM difference.
4. Don't know, never used them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's opinion. Today I bought a set of the Michelin Latitude Tour HP's.
I found them a few dollars cheaper at Big O Tires. After tax and road hazard warranty, I had to part with $1302.67. Ouch! That's a little pricey although they did throw in four new TPMS kits to replace the valve stems that were breaking up into small pieces. I should also mention that Michelin is offering a $70 rebate.
Only time will tell as to how well they wear however; they ride very smooth.
My Nitro now handles like a new pair of tennis shoes!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow is right. I asked them if they could knock off $1000.00.
Needless to say, they declined my offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts