Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to find out who still has theirs, Who bought theirs new, and what problems you have had with mileage..I bought this 2011 Nitro in August 2015 with 41023 miles on the ticker. I have not drove it that much but the first thing I did was put cruise control on it. Can not believe how this can leave the factory with no cruise control. Mine is only a 2 wheel drive so when it gets nasty out I keep it in the garage. It now only has 41950 miles on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just want to find out who still has theirs, Who bought theirs new, and what problems you have had with mileage..I bought this 2011 Nitro in August 2015 with 41023 miles on the ticker. I have not drove it that much but the first thing I did was put cruise control on it. Can not believe how this can leave the factory with no cruise control. Mine is only a 2 wheel drive so when it gets nasty out I keep it in the garage. It now only has 41950 miles on it.
I bought mine used almost 3 years ago with 8500 miles on it. I now have about 41000 miles on it, but until this past 6 months it only had about 25000 on it. I have been using it for courier work, which has been piling on the miles. Thinking about buying an older Prius to keep the miles off it, and the 50 mpg doesn't sound so bad either. I do however need to get some smaller tires and rims, as it doesn't ride sso well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought mine new in January 2012 and have 103,000 miles on it. Aside from some transmission issues and most recently a transmission cooler, it has been an awesome SUV. It is 4 wheel drive and excellent in the snow and on the beach. I have the 3.7L and get pretty decent fuel mileage. Maintained at the dealer since its birth, so it is kept in top shape. I only drive it when its raining, crappy out or going to the lake, which being in Washington is quite often. LOL o_O

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine is a 2007 and I bought it in 2013 with about 79,000 miles on it. I now have 123,000+ it's my daily driver. I have my name on the reserve list to purchase an Elio in 2017. For those unfamiliar what an Elio is go to www.eliomotors.com. I'll keep my rig till the Elio is paid for and then I may join the jeep world. We'll see though!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine is a 2007 and I bought it in 2013 with about 79,000 miles on it. I now have 123,000+ it's my daily driver. I have my name on the reserve list to purchase an Elio in 2017. For those unfamiliar what an Elio is go to www.eliomotors.com. I'll keep my rig till the Elio is paid for and then I may join the jeep world. We'll see though!!!!
Can't beat that gas mileage! Looks like a fun little commuter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Purchased my Nitro Shock new June 2011. Toxic Orange, chrome package, JBA 2.5" lift, JBA upper control arms, Woody links, Goodyear's. Only drive my Nitro in the summer so as of today I have 7,700 mi. on her. No issues. Still love the Nitro.

·
Registered
107 Posts
From NITRO to ELIO... Quite a leap... Enjoy it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Purchased my Nitro Shock new June 2011. Toxic Orange, chrome package, JBA 2.5" lift, JBA upper control arms, Woody links, Goodyear's. Only drive my Nitro in the summer so as of today I have 7,700 mi. on her. No issues. Still love the Nitro.
Keep me posted when, and IF, you ever decide to sell it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got mine just over a year ago with 56k, now has 70712. I had to replace the a/c blower motor, had a bad/high pitched bearing ($245). Best gas milage during a recent Nashville to Kansas City Kansas was :( 18.1.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts