Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nitro has died twice. This could be very dangerous. What are we doing about this??? Do we need to start contacting Newspapers and TV??? If we make enough of a stink, someone from Dodge will react. I am sure Dodge has put a lot of money into this truck and marketing, but imagine what would happen to them if someone gets killed as a result of this malfunction.

When I took mine in, they could not find anything wrong.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you want to deal with this in court, then by all means.
Otherwise, be patient, give your dealer service dept as many details as you possibly can, and BE PATIENT.
Watching the forums & feeding the info to your dealer NICELY might help too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Document, document, document. I was talking to some other Dodge techs and we worked out that it may be in the wireless system controls as this problem is apparently not limited to the Nitro. Apparently it is happening in many of the 07 truck group products. Hmm...hope we get this one worked out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to deal with this in court, then by all means.
Otherwise, be patient, give your dealer service dept as many details as you possibly can, and BE PATIENT.
Watching the forums & feeding the info to your dealer NICELY might help too.
I've been VERY nice w/the dealers and I never said anything about going to court. I was wondering if their has been any organized effort to inform Dodge of this issue. I don't believe a corporation is going to "do the right thing" if it is going to cost them a lot of money without an incentive. I have not seen in any post that the problem has been acknowledged by anyone at Dodge, so to them it does no exist so why/how are they going to try to fix it? The question is, how do we get this fast tracked? I think waiting for Dodge to step up to the plate is not going to get us anywhere.

·
Registered
790 Posts
And you don't think that contacting newspapers & TV is a good way to corner the corporation & force them to get their lawyers involved? Try it & see what it gets you.

My point is the be persistant. Call your dealer everyday. Ask for any corporate contacts & call them everyday. Persistance is one thing. But if you come across as trying to force them, then you might get referred to the legal dept instead of service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree nitpwr2007. I think its gonna take all of us that are having the problem making as much noise as possible to get the ball rollin. I am sure behind the scenes someone is aware and looking into the problem. The problem will not be publically acknowledged until there is a fix. That is probably standard operating procedure for any large corporation and for most people in business for that matter. Sad reality huh... In my opinion the only thing that will really lite a fire under they're a*$ is a death on the national news.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Document, document, document. I was talking to some other Dodge techs and we worked out that it may be in the wireless system controls as this problem is apparently not limited to the Nitro. Apparently it is happening in many of the 07 truck group products. Hmm...hope we get this one worked out.
That's a very interesting thought. Has anyone checked other forum sites devoted to other 07 truck group products by Daimler/Chrysler?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a call from Diamler Chrysler last night. I have to give the details of the (I quote) "allegation of fault and all related details to the incident." I have to call them back tonight and see where it gets us. Who knows...this deer strike and property damage might be the thing to get things rolling.

Anyone think it might be a voltage regulator issue on the alternators/charging circuit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand what you are saying and appreciate your response. My thought was if we can't get this fixed in a resonable time, we need to organize and call our papers, tv, radio and inform them of the truth - which is there have been numerous reports of Nitro's dying while in motion and it could be a potentially dangerious situation. That is not a lie, so I don't see any slander issues. I can see being persistance with something minor, but this can be dangerous. Again, I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think the corporation is going to move on this on their own. There primary objective is to turn a profit and there is no profit in having to issue a recall.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I understand what you are saying and appreciate your response. My thought was if we can't get this fixed in a resonable time, we need to organize and call our papers, tv, radio and inform them of the truth - which is there have been numerous reports of Nitro's dying while in motion and it could be a potentially dangerious situation. That is not a lie, so I don't see any slander issues. I can see being persistance with something minor, but this can be dangerous. Again, I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think the corporation is going to move on this on their own. There primary objective is to turn a profit and there is no profit in having to issue a recall.
By joining this forum, and making, lets see, I count three or is it four posts to this thread, you have already informed the public of your opinion. This is a very public forum. Search GOOGLE 'Nitro die going to court' and you will find your post in this very thread. This is the #1 result of that search:

Mine Died Too - Dodge Nitro Forums - Forum and Owners Club![SIZE=-1]My Nitro has died twice. This could be very dangerous. ... I've been VERY nice w/the dealers and I never said anything about going to court. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?p=10033 - 65k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]

Now, about this very serious problem that you guys are having. By now, DCX is very aware there is a problem. But it is not one that is easily solved due to lack of a way to diagnose the problem. Without trouble codes it will take them some time to find.

Evidently, it was a problem in the manufacturing process that was only present for a few months and is now gone. That doesn't mean that it could not crop up again later, so it is very important to find out what the problem is and fix it. Please be patient and allow the technicians to do their jobs. Until then, please try to drive safely so no one has to be sorry.

G

·
Mine died the other day as I was driving it. My main problem has been that the car won't start every now and than. It takes about seven or eight tries and then it starts up. It does it sporadically where it will be fine for a couple of weeks and than for no reason won't start. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Read it again - it states "I never said anything about going to court" , so why is this an issue? How are you reading I am going to court into "I never said anything about going to court"? All I want is to be able to drive my suv w/o having to worry about it stalling at any given time. To much to ask? I think not. And if you look, others are saying things much worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine Died Also

My SXT Nitro automatic has died once in 1800 miles of driving. It happened when my wife was starting into a parking place at the mall. The engine was of course at idle and she had just started to turn right into the parking place. The radio was on but the a/c was not. It was about 60 deg F. outside. After the stall the Nitro restarted and has not done it since.

Thank goodness it didnt happen in Traffic!

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.