Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have exhaust and chip ordered, and I am making my cold air intake. I will post pics when I do the final install.

Next in line:

Interior electronics
Wheels and Tires
Suspension
Paint
Then?

·
Registered
790 Posts
So what chip are you going with?
Be sure to note what your fuel MPG & 0 - 60 mph times are like before & after the install. Much better than relying on the "butt-dyno". ;)
Lookin forward to the pics!
Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I put it on the dyno this morning.

Then, I couldn't wait any longer. I just finished with the install of the CAI.

I wil compile and post the dyno results before, after each upgrade, then the end results. It is nice to have a best friend with a dyno:p

Here are a couple pics of the CAI

I just went off of the old Plenum, but, I am seriously thinking about fabricating a better looking one out of aluminum.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Rickster, looks good are you gonna leave the stock box on the t/b or go all tube from the t/b. That looks like Spectre perf. tubing I've been thinking about that but going from the t/b.looking at yours I think thats the way to go Instead of all that cash for a name.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am undecided right now about the plenum. I think the tube straight from the TB will leave it too bare looking where the box sits. In my pre-scuba employment years, I was a fabricator (steel, aluminum, stainless, ect..). I am tossing the idea around about making a custom plenum out of aluminum.

By the way, the Nitro has a noticable increase in get-up-and-go:4-jump2: It still sounds the same, but, when I open it up, it sounds healthy. The 4" tube makes a differance. I can't wait to get the exhaust on it!

Rick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went down to CGS and picked up the Cat Back exhaust today in Pomona, Ca.

I am going to the dyno Sat., and then installing everything. For the dyno I am going to put the stock intake back on, do the dyno, then the exhaust, do a dyno, then when the module comes, do another dyno.

The exhaust looks very simple to install. The directions say to undo the clamp after the cat, push the exhaust back, out of the clamps, then remove. Instalation should be just as easy, I hope. I will post pics and details of the installs and dyno's.

Oh yea, at CGS they had the red and black custom Nitro there. She is sweeeeeet in person. And the guy that helped me said they have the same exhaust on it as I am installing on mine.

Rick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on, Rick.
Lookin forward to seeing what the CAI & exhaust does for the 3.7. Bet you get a kick out of doin that kind of stuff!
The suspence is killing me (so is the wife:eek: )

Just kidding, she likes all the pretty polished aluminum under the hood.

I used to do fabrication, with scuba as a hobby. Now I am doing scuba, with fab work as a hobby. I like it better this way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the day off, so, took a ride. I didn't want to wait for them to ship it, then I am not home most of the time. I would have had to take time off work to go pick it up. Cheaper to go get it. It took 2 hrs down, with the traffic, then 1hr 15 min back, doing 80mph most of the way(shhh!)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rickster, Is there a reason you choose an oiled filter over one of the newer dry media filters & which size did you get. Also how loud is the CGS exhaust Trying to choose between them & Gibson.
Hi danpfay99,

I have the dry and the oiled. When I do the final dyno, I am going to see which one, if there is a differance, is better, as far as air flow.

I have not installed the CGS yet. I can't get on the Dyno until tomorrow. I want a before run and an after mods run.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.