Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Mopar Remote Start Fyi

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Quiet Lunatic 
#1 ·
Mopar has put a 'Stop Sell' on the Nitro and other 2007 remote start and EVS security kits. They are recalling all the inventory from the dealers. This is due to "minor intermittent incompatibility with our remote start and EVS security kits."

Doesn't say what the fix is yet for all those who have already have one installed.

#3 ·
I'm gonna say its for the dealer installed remote starts. I've been saying all along theres been something wrong with the remote starts for Nitro's, and Calibers.

I can also confirm that there is a "stop sell" on the remote start systems for the 2007 Sebring also. These systems are pretty much the same as the Nitro's and Caliber's system.

That's why I have yet to install mine. :)

#5 ·
I'm gonna say its for the dealer installed remote starts. I've been saying all along theres been something wrong with the remote starts for Nitro's, and Calibers.

I can also confirm that there is a "stop sell" on the remote start systems for the 2007 Sebring also. These systems are pretty much the same as the Nitro's and Caliber's system.

That's why I have yet to install mine. :)
Yes Larry, you are correct. It affects the following 2007 vehicles - Aspen, Durango, Sebring, Avenger, Nitro, Wrangler, Caliber, Compass, Patriot. It also mentions the Ram part number should not be installed on 2007 vehicles and won't be available for the Cummins Diesel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.