Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my nitro and tried buring some MP3s to a CD and play them. Two of them did not play at all and the third started to play, then starting skipping and them said I belive "file format error" I have burnt all them with nero. How has everyone else been burning theirs. I feel like an idiot that I can't figure it out.

TIA,
stin

·
Registered
790 Posts
I haven't done this with the Nitro since it has the AUX port on the front. We just plug our cell phone (w/ MP3 player), or any Ipod/MP3 player into it directly.
My Dakota was pretty hit or miss playing MP3 disks. My wife's Pacifica plays them easily. We use Nero too. And the disk seem to go bad after they have sat in the glovebox or console for a few weeks. I think it just has to do with the disks themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my nitro and tried buring some MP3s to a CD and play them. Two of them did not play at all and the third started to play, then starting skipping and them said I belive "file format error" I have burnt all them with nero. How has everyone else been burning theirs. I feel like an idiot that I can't figure it out.

TIA,
stin
I burned them with Itunes and have no issues at all

·
Registered
74 Posts
Stin,
If you have Windows XP try just using the build in burn feature. I've done many MP3 disc's this way and they have all worked in my nitro.

Instructions:
1. Goto 'My Music' or were ever you music is stored.
2. RightClick on the folders/files you want to burn and select 'Send To... CD/RW drive.
3. Open up the DW/RW drive in My Computer and select the option to 'Write these files to CD'

Piece of cake,
NitroOne1

·
Registered
148 Posts
No problems here. I also used XP's built-in burning feature.

Things to check are bit-rate (your manual lists the range of bit-rates it supports), and VBR. I don't remember whether it supports VBR (variable bit-rate) or not. None of my files are VBR. The manual also lists some things like maximum files per directory and directory nesting depth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.