Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been getting codes after my fuel injector went out about misfire in a few cylinders. Now I have replaced all of the fuel injectors all the spark plugs and all the coil packs. Yet I’m still getting misfire. I pulled the plugs gapped them again and found that cylinder 4 plug was black fouled already after two short drives. So it’s still misfiring and has a popping sound. Any ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,384 Posts
3.7L or 4.0L?
Have you tested the fuel pressure?
Remanufactures or new injectors?
Swap the cylinder 4 injector with another and see if it follows. If so, you still have an injector problem.
What spark plugs did you go with?
Do you have the 6 coil-on-plug style OR waste spark sytle (3 coil-on-plug w/3 spark plug wires)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3.7L or 4.0L?
Have you tested the fuel pressure?
Remanufactures or new injectors?
Swap the cylinder 4 injector with another and see if it follows. If so, you still have an injector problem.
What spark plugs did you go with?
Do you have the 6 coil-on-plug style OR waste spark sytle (3 coil-on-plug w/3 spark plug wires)?
It’s a 3.7 I have not tested fuel pressure they are supposed to be new injectors and I’ll try swapping and see what happens. Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,384 Posts
It’s a 3.7 I have not tested fuel pressure they are supposed to be new injectors and I’ll try swapping and see what happens. Thank you
Fuel pressure is test at the fuel rail. Low fuel pressure can be cause by a pump starting to fail or blockage (either in the fuel lines or the pick up on the pump)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.