Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that the Uconnect Module was what allowed for Bluetooth music streaming as well as connecting the Phone.

My Uconnect Module was manufactured 04/26/2011.

My previous RBZ mygig was out of a 2010 Town and Country. The software was v8.5. I could not stream music via Bluetooth, but I could plug my phone into the AUX jack and play music from the phone using the AUX Softkey on the mygig screen.

I now have an RBZ mygig out of a 2014 Town and Country. The software is v50.00.07. I have been loading music on the HDD for the past two days, now that my amps and sub have finally been installed. I inadvertently touched the AUX Softkey, and the screen read: streaming music via Blutooth from DHallock's iPhone! Bluetooth was turned on, on my iPhone.

Since I have not upgraded my Uconnect module, the ability to stream music via Bluetooth must somehow come from the radio, and not the Uconnect module. This is news to me! :eek: Or, what am I missing here? :confused:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Maybe when you upgraded the radio there was an update in the V50 software for the module and it just did it?

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess that it is possible that the V50 software on the Radio updated the software version on the Uconnect module. When I installed the Uconnect, the software version printed on the label was v43.01.30. I have no idea how to project the software version of the Uconnect module onto the screen of the RBZ, to see if it has, in fact, been updated. Maybe I should now start downloading individual songs on my iPhone through iTunes!

:cool:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dave, mine from the factory with Uconnect and the res radio had Bluetooth steaming and hands free. Maybe it was the older model RBZ you had. I had no issues with the res, RBZ , and the now RHB radio.

Btw: I still have my RBZ and thinking if selling it if anyone is interested. It was brand new pull and used very shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.