Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car originally was parked because it was over heating after I replaced my thermostat and radiator. So I replaced my temperature sensor. That seemed to solve the problem. Then my gas pedal stopped working. I hadn't moved my car since it over heated. So I replaced the throttle position sensor and the accelerator position sensor and the maf sensor and I cleaned my map sensor. Still nothing. My car starts right up but the gas pedal doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
252 Posts
My car originally was parked because it was over heating after I replaced my thermostat and radiator. So I replaced my temperature sensor. That seemed to solve the problem. Then my gas pedal stopped working. I hadn't moved my car since it over heated. So I replaced the throttle position sensor and the accelerator position sensor and the maf sensor and I cleaned my map sensor. Still nothing. My car starts right up but the gas pedal doesn't work.
Sounds like someone disconnected the linkage from the carburetor to the peddle . That's the only thing I can think of is that you're not getting the gas flow when pressing the gas pedal.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
814 Posts
check the circuit for that sensor would be my next place to go.....if its new.....and not sending signal....id think wiring? or communication issue somewhere

Reactions: Heat3.7
1 - 5 of 5 Posts