Dodge Nitro Forum banner

My-Gig Refund

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Louie Sticks 
#1 ·
I purchased my SLT G with the MyGig option in Nov '06 with the understanding that it would be at least mid January before the dealer could get his hands on one and have it installed.... It ended up costing a bit more than the factory install but what the heck...

I kept in contact with my salesman via email/phone at least once every 2 weeks or so.... So last week I got a letter in the mail from him basically giving me the usual keep in touch salesman language yada yada....However, at the bottom of the letter he wrote (in his own handwriting) - and I'm quoting here:

"THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE MYGIGS. THE 5 WE HAD ON ORDER ARE NOW CANCELED INDEFINITELY. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I HEAR DIFFERENT"....

This came a few days after he told me the 5 he had on order were on their way to the dealership...

SO.... I took a trip to the dealer last Monday with my sales receipt and a WE OWE YOU ONE MY GIG letter and told him - again I'm quoting:

"I DON'T WANT THIS THING IF IT TAKES THIS LONG TO GET IT!"

Fully expected to get the run-around, but he is just as pissed off (along with the dealership owner) at Daimler Chrysler for advertising this thing without having a clue when they can ship it. He told me he has 7 customers with SLT's and R/T's on order with My Gigs, but the factory won't build them because of issues with the My-Gig.

Needless to say, a few minutes later I was out of there with a check in hand for the full amount of the mygig, no questions asked. I'm not even depressed about not getting it though... The 'G' package is still a sweet ride and the 8 speaker u connect sirius system is very impressive even without its touch screen front end. After almost 4 months though, it just didn't make any sense to keep waiting for a radio.

See less See more
#5 ·
i guess i dont understand DCX they got a few MyGiG equipped vehicles out (i know if 2 pilot builds and maybe 10 to 15 others but that seems to be it.

mine was built feb 21 and it was the second pilot build, and again from what i found out all the others were built around the same time frame ( the 3rd to 4th week of feb and that is all that were built

from what i hear now harmon kardon is having a hard time getting units to the plants and that is causing the hold up

i just dont understand why the large companies let their suppliers do this to them.......all it does is piss off customers and loose sales for them

#7 ·
Well, this is the way the world is going....everybody contracts to have work done for them, and this is how it bites you in the butt....But this is the way life is now, you contract to the lowest bidder and then wonder why the job doesn't get done properly.... My wife and I are very fortunate that we got our car with the mygig, because her lease would have ended in a few days.....and I will say that if I trade in my Jeep Liberty in the near future, I would definately want the mygig system in my nitro, avenger, sebring convertible, 08 Liberty, or whatever....

#8 ·
It looks as if the light at the end of the tunnel we once saw two weeks ago, has become grimly dark. I really want the mygig, but other manufactures are now starting to run pretty good deals, although none of these have anywhere near the cool factor of the Nitro, when you on your last leg with an old vehicle, some of us are going to be forced to move on. Pilot's are going for cheap, as the Element. The H3 looks better and better to me each day. You also need to take a look at the four door Jeep wrangler with a hard top, closest thing to cool as the Nitro.

Well I hope we start to get better news, because I'm giving it another 2 weeks, and then it may be off to the lots again. I thought I was done dealing with car salesmpeople, but who am I to talk, I'm the insurance guy you all hate.

#9 ·
I will keep my order in the system until at least May...then I will cancel and make a order for an '08 model. I don't see any reason to take receipt of an '07 after that - being as it will be late in the model year with all the '07 depreciation attached and you only get to drive it for a few months until the '08s are out.

As far as I am concerned, this is one whopper of a SNAFU for Chrysler, especially since they are getting a lot air time with the new commercial showing the MyGIG and the Nitro on a downtown street corner using a remote control bomb robot to put a parking ticket on the windshield. What are they thinking-advertising that which they can't produce?

#10 ·
As far as I am concerned, this is one whopper of a SNAFU for Chrysler, especially since they are getting a lot air time with the new commercial showing the MyGIG and the Nitro on a downtown street corner using a remote control bomb robot to put a parking ticket on the windshield. What are they thinking-advertising that which they can't produce?

Yeah that's what my mindset was when I decided to get a refund on the mygig....

I mean I have no problem with the Nitro at all.... To be honest this car purchase (my 4th ever) was the smoothest, quickest and most pleasant experience ever. Dodge has at the very least won the first chance at my next car purchase whenever that may be. But to advertise heavily a product that you can't deliver on, no matter what the reason, is to me corporate suicide. What with the way American car companies are being killed by the foreign industries these days, they need to play this game much better and making sure the customer gets what the customer pays for and only promising what you know you can deliver would be an excellent start to keeping the consumer coming back. At the end of the day you can have the coolest product on the market, but if you stiff the customer and piss them off that's about all you'll end up having.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.