Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I saw a few inspirational photos of Nitros with great projector retrofits and I thought it would be a good first project for me on this car.

The parts I purchased:
  • 2 * Mini D2S 3.0 Square Lens LHD Projectors
  • 2 * Apollo 2.0 Square Shrouds
  • 2 * 35W Morimoto XB35 Ballasts
  • 2 * Morimoto XB D2S Igniters
  • 2 * Morimoto D2S XB 5500K Bulbs
  • 1 * Black Morimoto RetroRubber
  • 1 * Mopar Spec H13 Wiring Harness
All parts purchased from theretrofitsource.com as this kit.

I got the square lens variant because I thought it would look better with the square stock reflector and all the other square things on our toaster cars. xD

I decided not to get halo lights to go with because I didn't want to spend another ~$70 on a part that I'd have to splice in. Plug 'n play all the way.

I followed mygti02's excellent installation guide.

I didn't have to trim the shroud at all; it fit in the reflector fine.

The mopar spec harness has quite a few parts I had to secure:
  • Passenger-side ballast: Bolted and double-sided foam taped to side of engine bay.
  • Driver's-side ballast: Double-sided foam taped and zip tied to side of battery support post.
  • Capacitor: Zip tied inside battery support post.
  • Relay: Zip tied in front of battery.
  • Resistors: I tried to drill a hole but that steel is hard and the quarters are tight. Instead, they are JB-welded by the tabs to a flat area at the very right (when you look at the car from the front) of the bay.
I have a slight concern for the resistors, but I think they'll hold. They do get very hot so they needed to be tightly held to a metal surface for heat sinking.

All the wires played nice and it's pretty nice and organized in there.

The aiming went fairly well:
  • Rotation is right on; just perfect.
  • Horizontal is a bit wide, but still acceptable. I couldn't do much about that as the Nitro doesn't have a horizontal adjuster.
  • Vertical isn't done yet but it's easy to access the aiming screw and I'll do it tonight when it gets dark.
I'm looking forward to driving around at night and seeing things!!!

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,513 Posts
Great work, Greenie! Looks Good! :cool:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Well done on the Mod!

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Well done with the install, looking SWEET.

they are the same as mine, although i went with a black houseing. also got mine from TRS great quality products.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Flashtech HID's in mine, Actually just had to replace one earlier this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts