Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had my new Magnaflow exhaust on for about a week. It only took me roughly 20 minutes to put on because I had access to my father in law's lift, which really helped. If you want the stock system off in one piece, do it this way. As far as installation, it was easier to put on than the mud flaps I purchased!

When it comes to sound, Magnaflow hit the nail on the head. When you remember that this is just a 3.7 V6, it becomes even more impressive (I didn't want to drive around town sounding like a pissed off bee). It helps that the Nitro comes pretty throaty,and the more I drive the more I like what I hear. You aren't gonna get pulled over, but people are gonna look more than they already do. It just seems to be the perfect compliment to the vehicle.

Now on to the real reason I bought this system- increased performance and fuel mileage. While that extra 10 horse or so isn't gonna throw you back in your seat, you will notice it. I feel that the main difference is a little smoother shift. The ole' girl doesn't have to try quite as hard to do her work. Its a smoother ride for me. I've put a full tank of fuel through her, and my numbers show almost a 2 mile per gallon increase- I'll have to put a few more tanks through to really have a more accurate number.

Overall, It is the best buy I've made for the Nitro. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I'd also like to thank the guys at High Horse Performance for a painless and quick transaction. Good bunch of folks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Doggone it now I'm really getting antsy, Been waiting a week & half for mine to get here.But I guess this just proves blue canoes & dogsleds don't travel as fast as brown trucks & airplanes. gotta be patient,gotta be patient uggggg.:shakehead:
Oh forgot to say congrats on getting yours alero enjoy that rumble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.