Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I to am a new Nitro Owner. :Racing:

I picked mine up a week ago. I traded my 05 Altima for it.
It's an SXT Sunburst Orange, I got it with 18 miles and it now has 340.
Since there are not very many Nitro's around here, It turns lots of heads!!! I haven't had one person tell me anything negative about it.
I really enjoy it so far :) drives nice, has enough power. I just got to get used to the mpg.
In a couple of weeks I plan to get the bumpers and fender flares color matched and add a flip down TV. Rims will have to wait a month or two.

By the way, Nice forum!

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
It would depend on the quality of paint job as well as the color..If it was a lighter color they would need to prime it in a lighter color so that the black wouldnt bleed thru..Id expect to pay a good $300 minimum to get it done..and even then I dont know how good it would look..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome's!

Like NitroWill said, it depends on the quality of the paint job. It can range from $300-$700. In my case it isn't going to cost much, one of my customers owns a body shop and he is hooking me up!

I'll post pics this weekend...

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Id be a little weary of getting this done..Doesnt the orange have a metallic sparkle on it? Will it be duplicated on the fenders? The difference in material might make it look a bit awakward but if done right I suppose ti could come out good..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id be a little weary of getting this done..Doesnt the orange have a metallic sparkle on it? Will it be duplicated on the fenders? The difference in material might make it look a bit awakward but if done right I suppose ti could come out good..
Yeah it does have metallic flake, since the fenders and bumpers have a different texture they do have to be sanded down pretty good to almost a smooth finish and a special flex coat has to be applied along with the primer before the paint.
Painting the gray bumpers has been done on a couple of Elements and [SIZE=-1]Avalanches[/SIZE] around here and it looks pretty good.

Hopefully it will turn out good on the Nitro as well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.