Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
maybe it is just me...but I like the chrome better than the black rims...But it is still a nice look...
Wow, look who's back! Where ya been man? I thought you may have crashed your Nitro or something. On another note, people have a right to their opinion. That's what makes individual cars UNIQUE! Only reason I went chrome, was because I have always gone body color with my wheels. If my car was blue, I went with blue painted wheels. If it was white, well you know what I mean. One thing I can't stand that people do, is get what the other guy has. I mean be original, don't bite what the other guy has, if I saw another Nitro that looked liked mine, I would sell everything I bought for it, be UNIQUE! So, how you been NitroOn20's?

By the way, PinkNita18, that is a good clean looking Nitro! Not too much, not too little. But just right!

·
Registered
24 Posts
maybe it is just me...but I like the chrome better than the black rims...But it is still a nice look...
I'm glad it's not just me. I want to put a bigger tire on my Nitro, but I want a chrome rim. My fiancee loves the black rim look and has been tossing around the idea of putting them on his SRT10 Truck. I'm just not very fond of them and he says everybody loves black rims especially on a black vehicle ("they make it look sweet").

Don't get me wrong - I think the new wheels with the black rims are nice, just not my thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i absolutely love the black rim on black vehicle look

in my opinion large chrome rims 20 in and over are to BLING for me

just my opinion

:Racing:
Oh..actually I guess I never thought about that either. I'm not into the bling look at all. Maybe if I looked at a different black rim - I might be happier. I think it's the style that everyone keeps showing me that I just don't get into.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Oh..actually I guess I never thought about that either. I'm not into the bling look at all. Maybe if I looked at a different black rim - I might be happier. I think it's the style that everyone keeps showing me that I just don't get into.

thats what is great about things.........everyone likes different styles, colors and such. if everyone liked the same thing the world would be boring (and all Nitros would look the same)

again my opinion.....i like a 5 spoke wheel better then a 6 spoke wheel

their are many different designs and different finishes of wheels out there (hopefully something for everyone :D )

·
Registered
4 Posts
alright, so those rims do look pretty damn good i have to say. i am getting my black slt on monday, and i am going to buy some aftermarket rims as well. i love the black look, but i am leaning towards the 20in because i think its better for the car and the ride. but im not sure on that. i would get 22's if i didnt think it would be a rougher ride and worse for the car. this would be my primary vehicle so thats another reason i would probably get the 20's.

so how is the ride with the 22's?? and am i correct in saying that its a rougher ride & worse for the car? im not too educated on the effects of larger rims. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not that I've done it...... but besides the way the car rides, the more weight of the wheel, the slower to car will be out of the hole, and the slower to stop. Big wheels look great, but definitely effect performance. So what are your priorities?

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, sometimes i have my priorities screwed up, but in this case, i want the best looking rims without compromising performance. not that i want to race this car around town or anything, but ive heard that when rims are too large, they damage the suspension and just flat out bad for your car. but damn those 22's look so good that it makes it worth talking about at least.

im pretty sure that im gonna go with the 20's though. but the 22's look alot better IMO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.