Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Although I do not post here that often, I do however check out the post every few days and have taken some of your great ideas and added them to my Nitro.

Below is a short photo progression on my progress over the last couple years. Over the last month I added the Daystar Lift along with a new Moog end links and Rancho RS9500 adjustable shocks in the rear.

Stock when I bought it in Aprilish 2011

Did some blacking out

Made the exhaust myself (flowmaster 44 muffler) People always tell me how much they like the sound

Built the roof rack and plasti-coated the wheels

Hauling some camping stuff

Pair of KC's and some Nitto Terra Grapplers on the stock 20's

Custom made badges (PAZRT group of shooting buddies *I'm located in sector 5*)

Lifted

Lifted next to a buddies 2" lifted Jeep

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently working on a new rack. This one will have better lines to go with the body along with more complicated bracing. Also adding two more KC's for a total of four. Will be building a light cage for the front. Will post up my progress pics as I move forward.

Some of the mounts welded.

Fit from the front. Couldn't ask for it to be any straighter.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
Great progress Pics! :rep:
I like where you are going with the rack.:))

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
The Nitro is awesome in black. The Factory Setting is a fitting background. :smileup: :smileup: You are doing a great job. This is the first time I have seen a lifted Nitro with the Factory 20" Wheels. I like the look. Thanks for posting. :rep: Keep up the good work. I am patiently awaiting the results of the new rack. The old one is one of a kind. Why are you changing it? How did you mount it? Did you drill through the roof? :confused:

:cool:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Nitro is awesome in black. The Factory Setting is a fitting background. :smileup: :smileup: You are doing a great job. This is the first time I have seen a lifted Nitro with the Factory 20" Wheels. I like the look. Thanks for posting. :rep: Keep up the good work. I am patiently awaiting the results of the new rack. The old one is one of a kind. Why are you changing it? How dod you mount it? Did you drill through the roof? :confused:

The rack mounts to the factory bolts on the roof that hold down the moldings on the left and right.

After running the last rack for more than a year I have come to find the limitations of this first attempt. I do a lot of hunting and some camping, now I have a better idea of my needs and plan to build this next rack accordingly.

I will have a few hours tomorrow after work and will be working on this project. Will post up some pics!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
FYI If you tack up your brackets while on the rig, cover your windows! My LR window has a slag burn running down it. OUCH! Live and learn...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI If you tack up your brackets while on the rig, cover your windows! My LR window has a slag burn running down it. OUCH! Live and learn...
Agreed, I made that mistake on the first rack. The first six brackets I just marked out on the conduit and good pretty lucky with the placement. For the front two brackets I am going to tack them on the truck as I will not have much room for error on those two.

I have a welding blanket to cover up the truck for that bit of welding.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I just noticed in your signature that you have 265/50R20's mounted on your stock wheels. I was trying to figure out how you got that awesome stance - because the wheel wells are so full I thought that you might have lowered it. This is the size tire I will be getting - I am stocked, because I was wondering what to expect. Now, I need to do this ASAP. I'm drooling! :eek:

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
One of the best looking lifted trucks out there! :rep:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just noticed in your signature that you have 265/50R20's mounted on your stock wheels. I was trying to figure out how you got that awesome stance - because the wheel wells are so full I thought that you might have lowered it. This is the size tire I will be getting - I am stocked, because I was wondering what to expect. Now, I need to do this ASAP. I'm drooling! :eek:

They fit well. Doubtful that you can go much bigger without more serious issues. They do rub at full lock but I plan to massage the pinch welds to help with that issue.

One of the best looking lifted trucks out there! :rep:
Thanks very much. Yours was one of my inspirations. :Racing:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
They fit well. Doubtful that you can go much bigger without more serious issues. They do rub at full lock but I plan to massage the pinch welds to help with that issue.
Did they rub before the lift, or after, or with both? They just look so good. I only have 22,000 miles on my originals, but after seeing your pictures, I'm going to have to see if they have any trade in value! :thk:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did they rub before the lift, or after, or with both? They just look so good. I only have 22,000 miles on my originals, but after seeing your pictures, I'm going to have to see if they have any trade in value! :thk:

Tires rubbed stock height and lifted as well. Not so much that you would need to do anything about it. Now that mine is lifted I want to have as much articulation as possible so I will need to make some clearance.

the lift and the roof rack really make your nitro stand out. does it still handle pretty decent offroad with the 20in wheels?
Thank you. I honestly have not taken it that far off the beaten track yet. After everything is finished up with the rack and I start driving it again I will take it to see how it performs.

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Nice work Victor ,nice having a good space in a well equipped shop to work in.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
Looking great so far. Keep up the good work. :smileup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice work!
Look forward to seeing the final product.

The dipped chrome trimming looks fantastic.
Thank you. I liked the chrome at first, but over time I wanted to go with the blacked out look. With the Plasticoat I can always go back if I ever wanted, but that is doubtful.

Ordered the spidertrax 1-1/4" wheels spacers for the Liberty. Also the Volant intake. Can't wait to get things finished. It will be like a totally different animal.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still a work in progress. Need to get my Jerrycans mounted up on the rack along with the wheel spacers.

Starting to come together.

Forgive my finger, this was from my phone

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
Well done Victor. :rep:
Did you use bed liner on this version as well?
I like how you side mounted the lights too.
Is that a moon roof I see? Are there any cross bars above it? If so, how is the clearance?

1 - 20 of 322 Posts