Dodge Nitro Forum banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
BearlyNitro, I will still be using the rear swingout on the new bumper. Moving the tire to the lift gate area does open up a lot of space under the back of the Nitro. Down the road I will most likely install on board air under the rear, but you would have lots of options of what to put in place at that location.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Some progress a couple nights this week. Still waiting for some parts to come in like the shackle mounts. It is getting there quickly though. Might put a bunch of time one day this weekend if the stars align and I can make the time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Nearly finish welded. Still a few more days of work but making good time. Lots of grinding in my future :(

Remington, helping me out today at the shop.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,557 Posts
Wow, its looking great! I like the detail around the side and tail light.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Bumper is complete and has been well tested, as I was pulled out of a snow drift last week by the ass end, lol.

With all the winch talk I will most likely be adding one before my big trip in September for extra piece of mind.

The OME suspension is fantastic. The ride is night and day when compared to the Daystar that I was formerly running. Although it is quite a bit of money in comparison when you add the A-Arms, it is worth every penny.

The OME lifted Nitro gained about an inch ground to fender arch when compared to the Daystar. Also, when I put the bumper/swingout/and cabinets in the rear it dropped the Daystar 1-3/4" from all the weight. The OME leveled that out nicely with the addition of one extra spacer on the rear. Most likely will pull apart and add another spacer to the left rear.

Measurments

Ground to Fender
FL 34-7/8"
FR 35"
RL 34-3/8"
RR 34-3/4"

Hub to Fender
FL 20-7/8"
FR 21"
RL 20-3/8"
RR 20-3/4"

Reactions: Nitrogen and Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,557 Posts
Very well done! :rep:
I was thinking about doing a full front bumper, but when I got pulled over for not having my front skin on I looked up the laws here in Wa state. My plans would have met all the Wa requirements.
Here the front bumper has to be at least 4.5" all the way across, Extend no less than the width of the respective wheel track distances, and a few other things.
But it also stated it had to meet the Fed "low speed impact" cushion requirements. Since I was pulled over, I am now on the county mounties radar and did not want to push the laws to much, thus just the plate addition to the center. If they are jerks about that, I will have to figure out how to add a cushion to that part. I also have the same problem with doing a custom rear bumper. It too has to meet Fed "cushion" laws...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Lol, I am a Libertarian and love my freedom. Hate when the man keeps us down.

Reactions: FlyHiawatha

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
:rep: for all your hard work and sharing it with us. looks bad ass.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very well done! :rep:
I was thinking about doing a full front bumper, but when I got pulled over for not having my front skin on I looked up the laws here in Wa state. My plans would have met all the Wa requirements.
Here the front bumper has to be at least 4.5" all the way across, Extend no less than the width of the respective wheel track distances, and a few other things.
But it also stated it had to meet the Fed "low speed impact" cushion requirements. Since I was pulled over, I am now on the county mounties radar and did not want to push the laws to much, thus just the plate addition to the center. If they are jerks about that, I will have to figure out how to add a cushion to that part. I also have the same problem with doing a custom rear bumper. It too has to meet Fed "cushion" laws...
"Low impact cushion." :chuckle: We Texans laugh at such silliness.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,557 Posts
Lol, I am a Libertarian and love my freedom. Hate when the man keeps us down.
Tell me about it! :shakehead:
"Low impact cushion." :chuckle: We Texans laugh at such silliness.
This Federal law looks like it was put in place by the insurance company's lobbyists. Basically it is designed to prevent insurance pay outs because of "low speed" (less than 5 Mph) collision damage. It basically says it in the law. :shakehead: :shakehead:
Scope;
"This standard establishes requirements for the impact resistance of vehicles in low speed front and rear collisions."
Purpose;
"The purpose of this standard is to reduce physical damage to the front and rear ends of a passenger motor vehicle from low speed collisions."
Once again we know who is running the government, not us, but BIG $ corps.
Sorry for the hijack of your thread VictorSmalls, I'm done venting!​

·
Registered
247 Posts
It sounds like your problem may be with law enforcement in Washington State. I can't even imagine an officer, deputy, or trooper around these parts trying to enforce that (not even in the People's Republic of Austin).

Both of you might as well move to Texas. Apparently, everyone else is! :shakehead:

VictorSmalls, do you have any plans to modify your drive train/transmission components?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
:shakehead:

VictorSmalls, do you have any plans to modify your drive train/transmission components?
Doubtful. Just going to use the shit outta this now that it is pretty much complete. I have been pondering moving to a JK 4 door Rubicon, but they are outrageous money. For now I am pretty much done. If someone swaps transfer cases I would most likely follow suit, but I am not interested in being a trailblazer on that project.

I am at 126k on the clock and I hope that with regular maintenance it will last me to 200k.

:Racing:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Gearing up for a week of exploring in the Adirondacks. No major changes to the Nitro this year, just a lot of maintenance and putting it to good use. Been using it a bunch to travel around this year kayaking and camping. Just passed 136K on the clock and no major issues to speak of. I will post some pics of this next adventure when I get home.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,557 Posts
Have a great time!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Couple shots taken at the shop testing things out and getting loaded.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
great pics, out of interest what camera are you using.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Most pics taken with my phone, Samsung 5S

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,557 Posts
Great flex, even loaded as it is.
Wish I could get away myself for a while! I'm totally jealous can you tell? :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
You have set the bar really high as far as built Nitros are concerned! Please continue to post your pics. The KK/KJ guys in my offroad club are fascinated with your rig (that's why I added you to our page--hope you don't mind!

281 - 300 of 327 Posts