·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12" Sub in the back

400 watt Profile amp, in the best place in the world for a amp in a Nitro

and the radio

Pioneer DEHP-9800BT, awesome radio, also has a Pioneer Ipod adapter and
the Pioneer XM radio reciever hooked to it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah its a good place for the amp. I have the same amp but mine is a 1000 watt so it says.lol Im just worried about the heat under the pannel and it might shut down do to hi temp. Unfortunatly theres no other place to mount a big amp. Thats a nice clean install..

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is behind the glove box. Mounted with the velro that came with. There is a nice falt spot about the same size of the adapter behind there, when I get so time I will post a pic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah its a good place for the amp. I have the same amp but mine is a 1000 watt so it says.lol Im just worried about the heat under the pannel and it might shut down do to hi temp. Unfortunatly theres no other place to mount a big amp. Thats a nice clean install..
im tinking bout an amp in da same location, and in regards to the heat factor im tinking of going with an amp that comes with an attached fan for cooling. that shuld solve that problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
an idea for cooling that would be pretty neat is to cut out some holes in the cover and mount some computer fans in there to blow the air out. you can get some cool fans and grills for them at xoxide.com. not sure how you feel about cuttin holes in your cover but it would help with heat issues and if you do it right would look cool. maybe even a plexiglass window with the fans so you can see the amp.

·
Join!Resistance is futile
22,150 Posts
I am hard wiring in a Kenwood Deck and can not find the ignition wire, please tell me what it looks like.
Welcome to the forum! How did you find us? Were you parked at Wegmans in Fayetteville last week? I just have the stock unit but I am sure you will get an answer, go on over to the Newbie Check in! and say Hi! :wavey:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.