Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best way to add a backup cam? Lockpick, factory harness with a dealer flash? Is there a better way? If anyone is selling parts would be interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I installed one last year, but I also had to replace my stock radio with a MyGig. I got a package deal from https://www.infotainment.com/(formerly OEMAutoPartsCo.com) They were really helpful and answered all my questions. They have a "Genie" that can reprogram your MyGig for the reverse camera. The camera also comes with a plug for the back of your MyGig.

The directions for their camera say to splice into the reverse tail light power. After doing some research online, I found mixed results with this method. Some complained about intermittent power to the camera or fuzzy resolution. I found the the recommended way was to splice into the reverse trigger wire, which I found to be a white wire with a light green stripe, under the carpet on the drivers side.

Hope this helps.

20161112_142037.jpg
20161112_142042.jpg
20161112_142045.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your welcome. It's all just plug & play. The most time consuming part is taking all the interior panels off and figuring the best way to run the wire. I ran mine through the hatch, up & around the side and through the rubber wire protector on the hatch into the headliner & then down the drivers side, as you will see in the pictures below.

One thing I forgot to mention, there are 2 white wires with the light green stripe. You will need a tester to figure out which one is the reverse trigger. What I did was set my e-brake and put wheel chucks under all my wheels. Then you turn the car on & pop it in reverse and test both of the wires. Which ever one lights up, that's your reverse trigger that you splice into. As you can see in the other pictures I posted, you can just use the splicing clips.

Also, make sure to zip tie the camera wires to any existing wires you are running next to. This will help prevent the camera wires from being pinched or cut when you reinstall the interior panels.

Good Luck.

20161112_123610.jpg
20161112_123615.jpg
20161112_130441.jpg
20161112_130445.jpg
20161112_130449.jpg
20161112_130613.jpg
20161112_142031.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Almost 4 years later and this post helped me get my rear view camera working. My power wire was actually coming from the rear camera so I couldn't connect it in the front of the vehicle. I was able to tap into the passenger side reverse light. Thanks for the help CDB!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts