Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks

Visitor here with another Chrysler group vehicle - a UK 300C touring. It is a 2008 model with a 30Gb MyGIG navigation unit. Just wondering if this is the latest information on upgrading the hard disk - this thread seems to have died down about a year ago without a full resolution.

I have cloned my original disk to an 80Gb drive, using a sector-by-sector copy, increased the size of the 4th partition using the Ranish Partition tool and reformatted it using the 'dinit' command on the QNX lite live disk.

Current status: it works for navigation in the MyGIG, and the radio even recognises the 4th partition and tells me I have ~65Gb free! However, if I try to import music it immediately gives me the 'USB Copy Complete' message, without actually importing anything. I suspect I need to recreate the original folder/file structure on the new 4th partition, but is that likely to be my problem? If it is, can someone post the commands to mount the old and new drives under the QNX Lite live disk, and then copy everything from the original 4th partition to the new one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hehe

I guess I caught you lot while you were away from your computers :)

No matter - problem solved. The QNX Lite live disk mounts attached hard disks at start up, under the 'fs' folder (Linux noob here). I managed to copy the 4th partition from my original disk to my new disk, and now it works perfectly. I've only loaded a couple of Gb of music back onto the drive, but I've now got 65Gb to play with.

I also decided to copy all of the files in all four partitions of the original disk onto a FAT32 hard disk for safe keeping, and as a result I can add a warning - the file manager under the QNX Lite live disk *moves* files when you drag and drop them, so they get removed from the original. Maybe this is standard Linux behaviour, but it certainly caught me out, and I had to copy+paste them back to the original disk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts