Dodge Nitro Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
G-Caravan wiring-

Ive got a 08 T&C.

What kind of information are you looking to do?

QNX has forum for developers, but what specifically are you trying to do?
I have the stock 6 speaker setup and want to add the tweets in the stock locatoin in the rear along with an amp to supply a bass sub. I also want to add the rear entertainment setup with rear camera. I found the thread with some of the wiring setup but it's missing 8 of the pinouts that I'm guessing might be the tweets outputs. Where is this QNX forum?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the stock 6 speaker setup and want to add the tweets in the stock locatoin in the rear along with an amp to supply a bass sub. I also want to add the rear entertainment setup with rear camera. I found the thread with some of the wiring setup but it's missing 8 of the pinouts that I'm guessing might be the tweets outputs. Where is this QNX forum?
QNX is the OS software developer. Doubt theyd be helpfull with hardware questions. But here it is http://community.qnx.com/sf/sfmain/do/home

You can add the read camera and REAR AV package for Nitros here http://www.coastaletech.com/NITRO_INSTALL.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the update. I actually already purchased the rear av wire setup. I'm hoping the bus will auotomatically acknowledge the inputs/outputs. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.
Take it easy,
Sincerly,
BAM

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Stupid question. I have GPS so does that mean that the maps are stored on the harddrive or from satellite?
the maps are stored on the HDD. that's why there is so precious little space leftover for music files, unless you have a 2008 MyGiG with about 15GB of free space!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was hoping somebody could help me out with a translation... if I had to guess I would think German, but I honestly have no idea:

#############################
# Regeldefinition fuer das Phrase Splicing (Normalgeschwindigkeit):
#
# Bitte beachten Sie den Punkt mach der letzten Regel!
# Links stehen zu matchende TEXTABSCHNITTE
#

The bulk of the file is a whole lot of string concatenation; AFAIK for creating the informational audio MyGig provides. If someone else has been working on this and is well ahead of me, feel free to let me know before I buckle down and buy another harddrive and bay enclosure to really wade into this.

- Aaron

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The translation seems meaningless. Sorry I can't help more.

Rule definition for cliche the Splicing (normal velocity):
#
# please consider you the point make for the last rule!
# left stand too match-end TEXT PARAGRAPHS

·
Registered
527 Posts
I was hoping somebody could help me out with a translation... if I had to guess I would think German, but I honestly have no idea:

#############################
# Regeldefinition fuer das Phrase Splicing (Normalgeschwindigkeit):
#
# Bitte beachten Sie den Punkt mach der letzten Regel!
# Links stehen zu matchende TEXTABSCHNITTE
#

- Aaron
Try www.babblefish.com for a translator.

Here is your answer:

Control definition for the phrase Splicing (normal speed):
Please, follow the point do to the last rule!
On the left there stand too matchende TEXT SEGMENTS

My guess on the last sentence is: "On the left there is too much text segments."

Just part of my old programming experience.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My guess on the last sentence is: "On the left there is too much text segments."
No, it doesn't mean that. It means that are segments of text you have to match.

It' hard to transalte german things word by word into english:
"Rule definition for phrase splicing (norm. speed)
Please look at the point after the last rule!
On the left side are text segments to match

I hope this makes it more understandable ;-)

Andi

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, I don't think this is anything new, since its just what I found in the MyGig update, but I grabbed that text out of "NTG4_9.561\BECKER\DATA\PROMPTS\USA\TTS\en_US\svox\svoxppa0.txt"

# SVOX preproc system-configuration file
# for SVOX-internal use only
#
# Project(s): - DaimlerChrysler - Series 204
# Version:3.0
# Date: Nov. 4, 2005

Between the structure of the file, translation, and some of the function calls made in the file, it looks like it sets up a basic grammar for the audio prompts MyGig provides you. Nothing really useful from my point of view. I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that I'm going to have to clone the drive in order to make any attempt at figuring out how they have set up QNX and the software, which'll be awesome since my experience on 'Unix-like microkernals' is a whopping zero minutes.

But hey - at least I'll be learning something... :thk:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Upgrade Underway...

Adding the extra 12V outlets got boring. I'm leaving the interior in pieces for now. :)

Got the 120 GB HDD today along with two enclosures for 2.5" drives. Just ripped the old drive out of the MyGig and the cloning process is presently underway.:SHOCKED::SHOCKED::SHOCKED:

Should this be successful, a complete How-To will be posted. Should something go terribly wrong, a concise suicide note will be posted.

I kid, I kid.

- Aaron

·
Registered
163 Posts
:vis:

...... well the good news is that the original drive still works in the car.

This is something I'm going to have to muck with into the weekend. For now I need dinner and to start putting my Nitro back together.

- Aaron

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
:vis:
...... well the good news is that the original drive still works in the car.

This is something I'm going to have to muck with into the weekend. For now I need dinner and to start putting my Nitro back together.

- Aaron
so what were you using to try to clone the drive contents? :confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had found some freeware called Disk Copy 2.0 by a company EaseUs, link here. Its a sector-by-sector utility that you need to boot from CD, so I figured it was best for copying a harddrive with an unknown file system. However, it looks like there's a good chance that it couldn't handle the structure used by QNX (I'm totally ignorant in this area currently, so I'm just shooting in the dark) because the partitions as viewed through the Disk Copy utility:
  • don't synch up with the used / free space seen though MyGig (possible, I guess)
  • don't match up with partitions others have found (unlikely, but still possible)
  • total a solid 5 GB more than the hard drive size (wtf mate?)

I'm hoping over the weekend to install QNX on a spare computer and seeing if I have better luck checking the harddrive through its supported OS.

- Aaron

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.