Dodge Nitro Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey DJ, welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure I completely follow you here... If you mean to say a sector-by-sector clone will not work for expanding the HDD capacity, I completely agree with you. However, I just want to make sure we're clear that a sector-by-sector clone is a perfectly acceptable, and in most situations more convenient, method of getting the original contents of the HDD onto the new drive. I just want to make sure that visitors who come across this thread don't get confused.

From there you're right, you need to manually change the size of the fourth partition. I've got QNX on a laptop of mine, and I think I've posted the steps involved from within that environment somewhere in this subforum. Matt101 posted his strategy, which does not involve QNX, but I'm not sure how successful that was since he simply exanded the last partition but left it initialized as ext3, which can be funny with QNX.

- Aaron

·
Registered
2 Posts
MYGIG and WINDOWS OS

Hi Friends

Can someone tell me please if there is a way to install Windows based OS on MYGIG RER. I have this unit in a country that uses NAV that works only on WINDOWS OS systems, so is there a way to install Windows on MYGIG and than to install NAV program that will run on MYGIG?

Thank you for your help
Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
REN to REW

Can someone help me in adjusting the REN MYGIG to REW MYGIG.

I have REN MYGIG 05064244AT

would like to convert it to work with Europian frequensies What and in which files shold I make the changes?

Downgrade: Version 9.004 and Upgrade: Version 9.112

Please help

Alex
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks

Visitor here with another Chrysler group vehicle - a UK 300C touring. It is a 2008 model with a 30Gb MyGIG navigation unit. Just wondering if this is the latest information on upgrading the hard disk - this thread seems to have died down about a year ago without a full resolution.

I have cloned my original disk to an 80Gb drive, using a sector-by-sector copy, increased the size of the 4th partition using the Ranish Partition tool and reformatted it using the 'dinit' command on the QNX lite live disk.

Current status: it works for navigation in the MyGIG, and the radio even recognises the 4th partition and tells me I have ~65Gb free! However, if I try to import music it immediately gives me the 'USB Copy Complete' message, without actually importing anything. I suspect I need to recreate the original folder/file structure on the new 4th partition, but is that likely to be my problem? If it is, can someone post the commands to mount the old and new drives under the QNX Lite live disk, and then copy everything from the original 4th partition to the new one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hehe

I guess I caught you lot while you were away from your computers :)

No matter - problem solved. The QNX Lite live disk mounts attached hard disks at start up, under the 'fs' folder (Linux noob here). I managed to copy the 4th partition from my original disk to my new disk, and now it works perfectly. I've only loaded a couple of Gb of music back onto the drive, but I've now got 65Gb to play with.

I also decided to copy all of the files in all four partitions of the original disk onto a FAT32 hard disk for safe keeping, and as a result I can add a warning - the file manager under the QNX Lite live disk *moves* files when you drag and drop them, so they get removed from the original. Maybe this is standard Linux behaviour, but it certainly caught me out, and I had to copy+paste them back to the original disk.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Good info Chill! :rep:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the info -- especially Chill! I installed a new HD in my car yestarday, and it's working great. I did it a bit differently, but got all the info from this thread.

I used a WD3200BEVE for the new drive, which is 320GB -- way too much, but the price wasn't much more. I put both the new and old drives in external cases, and connected to my desktop using USB. Then I cloned the original disk to the new one using CloneZilla. Then with both drives still attached, I booted into QNX using their live CD. I fdisk'd the new drive, and deleted the fourth partition, then created a new blank one using all remaining space. Then I formated it with initd -h /dev/hd10t80 (hd10 was the new drive). Then I copied all files from the old disk's fourth partition onto the new disk's fourth partition, except for the files in the root of the fourth partition starting with a dot -- I assume these are used by the OS. I found the qnx graphical tools useless, so just did everything from the command line to make sure I didn't mess up the original drive.

After reinstalling, I have 288 GB available for songs. That should be enough for 50 or 60 thousand songs!

Interestingly, I can mount the qnx4 partitions no problem in ubuntu. It supports qnx4 partition types out of the box using a live cd. The partition is mounted read only, but it's useful for poking around.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I used a WD3200BEVE for the new drive, which is 320GB -- way too much, . . . . Interestingly, I can mount the qnx4 partitions no problem in ubuntu. It supports qnx4 partition types out of the box using a live cd. The partition is mounted read only, but it's useful for poking around.
That is some major geek speak you got going there ... i like it! :rep: for having the guts to make it happen. Well done!

·
Registered
279 Posts
From reading the posts on here I'd have to admit I am not capable of doing this myself. I don't know what any of this means and guess when I get my RER MyGig I will need to find someone somewhere that can do this for me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
From reading the posts on here I'd have to admit I am not capable of doing this myself. I don't know what any of this means and guess when I get my RER MyGig I will need to find someone somewhere that can do this for me.
I concur. I consider myself an advanced nerd, but more than likely would not be able to do this myself without blowing something up (although I'd love to try!) Is there a how-to we could get to "dumb this down" a little. haha Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I am too late for this subject, but stumbling onto it, I have 'some' info:
I drive a Jeep 2009 Wrangler with a REP SatNAV radio.

1. I am a Linux (actually unix) engineer.
2. I am in the process of opening this QNX OS to see what is inside.
3. I am going to see if there is a way of getting newer maps onto the HDD.
4. I have some spare SSD's I am going to test on.

Anyone with a 'ripped' OS can contact me and I will see what I can do.

Kind regards
Aubrey Kloppers
South Africa

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with this. Since this is an old post that I have never read, I will try and follow your updates.

:cool:

81 - 97 of 97 Posts