Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: ALL RADIOS FOR THE NITRO UTILIZE A DIFFERENT COMMUNICATIONS BUS, THE CAN-IHS. ONLY THESE RADIOS WILL WORK. NOT ALL 2007-2008 RADIOS WORK EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY LOOK THE SAME. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING!!

Verify the correct MYGIG RER radio part number is being installed. There are 2 versions. One for the CAN B bus and the other that operates on the high speed interior CAN Bus as used in the KA (Nitro), KK(Liberty), JK(Wrangler)and RT(2008 Caravan) vehicles. Installing the incorrect version will take down the BUS.

I've added a list of current part numbers of the MyGIG units that support the CAN-IHS BUS. Often the part numbers update and the letter designations at the end of the number change. ie AA -> AB -> AC -> AD and so on. The unit is still CAN-IHS. I cannot stress this enough, do your homework before purchasing one of this units. Don't make a mistake that's gonna cost you hundreds of lost dollars, please.
5064080AD
5064243AE
5064245AA
5064400AC
5064053AF
5064925AE
5064248AE
5064404AA

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrong MyGIG Headunit

Yup, you've got yourself a MyGIG that uses the CAN-B Bus for operation when you needed on that operates using the CAN-IHS Bus. Check out this post HERE, those are the optional REN headunits that utlitize the CAN-IHS Bus.

Hope you can send back the unit. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
svanoast read this:

I just bought a MYGIG Radio off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130161992642&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003 When I plug it in I'm getting power, meaning the cd door opens and closes but nothing on the screen? Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

I registered on this forum just to address this post.
I own a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. I purchased the same REN unit from the same ebay seller, and have the EXACT SAME issue with it in my jeep as you are having.

As the auction title leads one to believe that this unit would work in both your Nitro and my Wrangler, I have requested a refund from the seller.

The seller is fighting me on this. I'm curious if you are having the same issues with the seller.

I have to wait 2 more days to file a dispute with ebay/paypal.
If you do the same, I believe it will better the chances that both of us can get our money back.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Gig

:Racing:Just ordered my gig nav system for my nitro, ordered from my dealer, will be in friday and installed next week, can't wait, went to dealer and played with one today in a new chrysler sebring. Cost from dealer is $1700

·
Registered
8 Posts
CAN B BUS or CAN-IHS BUS?

hi,

can someone tell me if this mygig PART NO 05064405AC is a CAN-B BUS or a CAN-IHS BUS mygig? the ebayseller told me that the unit was from a nitro, hmm but it dont fits on my nitro at the moment...

nitrogreetings from germany
gustavo

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
what the p/n for the kit?
Welcome heyjay, I see you're new here. Welcome to the forum I hope we can help you with your Nitro questions. There is a lot of info here but sometimes it takes a while to find it. We have a search function which is great for that. Enjoy the forum...:)

Don't forget to head over to the newbie section and introduce yourself to everyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:Racing:Just ordered my gig nav system for my nitro, ordered from my dealer, will be in friday and installed next week, can't wait, went to dealer and played with one today in a new chrysler sebring. Cost from dealer is $1700
I'm trying to figure out why there is almost a $400 difference between your purchase price and what the stealership is quoting me before labor costs. Is it becuase I have the 2008 model? Also, did yours come with the UConnect in it or was that an extra $300 on to p of that?

TIA,

DJ

G

·
UPDATE: ALL RADIOS FOR THE NITRO UTILIZE A DIFFERENT COMMUNICATIONS BUS, THE CAN-IHS. ONLY THESE RADIOS WILL WORK. NOT ALL 2007-2008 RADIOS WORK EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY LOOK THE SAME. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING!!

Verify the correct MYGIG RER radio part number is being installed. There are 2 versions. One for the CAN B bus and the other that operates on the high speed interior CAN Bus as used in the KA (Nitro), KK(Liberty), JK(Wrangler)and RT(2008 Caravan) vehicles. Installing the incorrect version will take down the BUS.

I've added a list of current part numbers of the MyGIG units that support the CAN-IHS BUS. Often the part numbers update and the letter designations at the end of the number change. ie AA -> AB -> AC -> AD and so on. The unit is still CAN-IHS. I cannot stress this enough, do your homework before purchasing one of this units. Don't make a mistake that's gonna cost you hundreds of lost dollars, please.
5064080AD
5064243AE
5064245AA
5064400AC
5064053AF
5064925AE
5064248AE
5064404AA

:rep: Good Job NT, now figure out how I can incorperate a "MyGig" unit in my 2006 300cSRT8 and you will be my hero. (They (LX'ers) are working on it but I think there are still bugs and a module needed?)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:rep: Good Job NT, now figure out how I can incorperate a "MyGig" unit in my 2006 300cSRT8 and you will be my hero. (They (LX'ers) are working on it but I think there are still bugs and a module needed?)
I would start with the MyGIG that is available for the 2008 LX's. I'm not aware of a change in the communications BUS for the radio's or interior modules. For there do research on the connectors. Even if there is an issue with powering up the factory amp there may be a solution that works available from PAC-Audio.:smileup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
NitroTech, do you happen to know how many of the digits are version numbers? For example, say the last 4 digits (two letters and two numbers) are version numbers, so as long as the first 5 match, it's a high speed bus version?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.