Dodge Nitro Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
5091184AC comes back as New part # 5091336AF
It is a valid part # for both Dodge and Jeep.

5091184AC is a Chrysler #

But I was able to find this.
Part Number: 5091336AF
Part: Radio Control Unit
Replaces: 5064836AG, 5064836AH, 5091184AA, 5091184AB, 5091184AC, 5091184AD, 5091336AC, 5091336AD, 5091336AE

From my research it should work. Because it worked in the Libby which has the same OEM #'s as the Nitro. But I am not a Tech or a Dodge employee, I'm just good at research. So I can't say 100% it will.

EDIT: I moved all the posts here to keep them together.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:thk:

Well I'm sitting here at the stealer ship awaiting the news. If I anticipate being robbed of $100 and turns out I'm wrong I can be happy right? The service manager is a prick who doesn't know the first thing about vehicles, but we shall see. The other place told me it should be able to be programmed since it's an option for my nitro, but he was only about 90% sure. The problem is they are an hour drive and couldn't get me in for a few days.

Fingers crossed I'll be cruising home with the new mygig working :Racing:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told by a third party vendor that if the unit works in the avenger that makes it low speed bus because all avengers are low speed bus. However the seller sent pics of the unit installed and functioning in her liberty which is high speed bus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still having issues and no resolution. The seller hasn't responded in a few days so I am thinking I have two options. Make this work, or resale. The listing says this was not a navigation unit but everything I have found shows it to be a 430N High speed BUS with GARMIN GPS. Can anyone confirm this?

I am confident the units works, however it wont work in the nitro. According to the dealer it should work as well. They charged me to plug it in, trouble shoot and they added the MyGiG option in the programming. However still no change. Come hell or high water I am installing a mygig in the nitro. What I don't want to do is purchase another to find out that it still doesn't work. I did my homework and this one shows to be plug and play.

The factory RES unit works. I only have the CD2 plug in the nitro. Im positive the CAN bus in the vehicle isn't communicating with the radio to let it power on. The dealership was quoting me $100/hr for further diagnosis. I am VERY mechanically and electronically inclined. Common sense tells me if my factory unit works then there shouldn't be a problem with the factory wiring and or body control module which powers the radio, but logic says the unit should work once plugged in and it isn't.

Just looking for brainstorming options at this point. Surely someone is awake and has some input :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can an admin merge my other thread? I thought it was moved but I keep replying on my phone from my email links. Sorry.

I bought another unit that should work. Any ideas why my factory RES will still work but the RHB won't? The dealer programmed the option and still nothing. I don't want to just give up as it seems like I'm missing something simple here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have issues with my RHB mygig on my Nitro, I was able to turn it on the only thing missing on the harness was a AAC WIRE going to the radio. Everything works except the GPS. can not locate the satellite, XM works. The last letter ends with AG. Pull it off a 2011 Caliber wreck car. Now that I got it to power up just got to figure how to get the GPS working

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.