Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has the Mygig system and has verified a way to modify the system so that DVD's will play while driving? I'd love for my passengers to be able to watch something on the Mygig screen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Play DVD video on your REN MyGiG system while your vehicle is in motion

found it and it works
took like 15 min
http://mygig.110mb.com/
just loaded the cd and now i can watch dvds while my wife drives
the kids love it to now i can change chapters on the dvd while we are driving , now i do not have to watch the same one over and over,
bojoey

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have an off topic mygig question. I have a top of the range nitro in the uk which has everything with the exception of the mygig. I would like to buy the mygig system however a dealer over here charge around £1,500.00 sterling for the REW version. Does anyone know if i bought an american version it would work here in the UK?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nice software update, but everytime there is a MyGIG update it will overwrite this custom software. Having to re-buy the custom software, at $40, everytime there's an update is a waste of money, especially if the update fixes current bugs. No mention of support on the website about this situation and no place to contact the developer on the website either. :smiledown:

·
Registered
148 Posts
The lockpick works for me. Even allows software updates! I don't think custom firmware is the way to go unless they gave you at least 1 free year of updates to match the firmware.

The other disadvantage is it is only for the non nav version. The lockpick is for high or low speed and works for the ren as well as the rer.

Just my two cents...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.