Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I ordered the Nitro on 10/31/06 and MYGIG was one of the biggest features I wanted...so I waited.....and waited....and waited...

I gave my dealer a call today and he told me that they should now be starting to install the MYGIGs into the Nitros starting next week (he said 2nd week in Feb) and I should probably have my car by the end February.

Man, waiting 4 months for a car is pure torture!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could say I believe your dealer, but I'm sure he just wants you to stop calling. For all our sakes, I hope he's telling the truth...
well, if this makes you feel better about it, I have not been overly persistent...they set a pretty realistic expectation with me about MYGIG's availability.

He told me that he left me a message about this the other day and I guess I need to check my other cell phone more often becuase I didn't hear it yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What dealer did you order from? I want my dealer to call yours as I ordered one the first day myGig became available and my dealer does not have that info (I have a factory order number but nothing else is in the Dodge order system due to the MyGig "delay"....you made my day if this is real? I ordered a fully locaed Red R/T...every bell you could get.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see in another thread another person verified that Mygig is happening this month finally.

I recall when I inquired about Mygig in late October, the word was that it was going to be released in 6-8 weeks (about december). My dealer called me a few times to tell me that there were many bugs in the system and that they are now more meticulous than ever testing before they release it. I even heard that they scrapped a particular supplier of some of the MYgig components for someone else in mid-december because of these bugs.

They heard the news from the auto plant in toledo. They have constant contact with them and have been giving me updates as they happened.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Not to disappoint you or anything but it was reported that vehicles ordered with the MyGiG delayed indefinetly until they can sort out the issues with the vendor Harmon. I hope you get your Nitro but I don't know about the reliablity of your dealers info. I hope I am wrong. Here is the post.

I am ready to place the order for my R/T, but asked the dealer to verify that you can still get the MyGiG. He indicated that Dodge has not issued a formal statement on it (yet), but he has been informing others with this option that their Nitro's have been delayed at the factory indefinatly! That sounds bad!! He wants me to order it with out it...but I am hoping for some for information first...So frustrating!! :mad:
-Lil'

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to disappoint you or anything but it was reported that vehicles ordered with the MyGiG delayed indefinetly until they can sort out the issues with the vendor Harmon. I hope you get your Nitro but I don't know about the reliablity of your dealers info. I hope I am wrong. Here is the post.

-Lil'
Well that was my impression as well, until yesterday. the news I recieved was that they had successfully installed 19 test units (i am trying to remember what exactly was told to me) and they are going to start installing the units into Nitros as early as next week. I am going to try to talk to the sales manager today to confirm this, and keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just talked to the Sales Manager last night and he read the communication he recieved from the auto plant in Toledo word for word. They told him that they had installed mygig into 19 test pilot nitros in the last week and are still running tests. They project (so it is not absolutely for sure) that they will start producing Nitros with MyGig by mid February. They are shooting to have my Nitro complete and ready to deliver by end of February.

Something inside me tells me it'll probably be early March...which I guess won't be too bad, because living in Wisconsin, hopefully all the salt will be off the roads by then.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am having my dealer look into that as well to see if their plant is starting it at the same time. It seems right, but they didn't give me an exact date. Either way, it definately seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for those of us holding out for the MYGIGs :) :) :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I ordered a Sunburst Orange R/T with Mygig when the mygig option was finally able to be ordered (January 8th?). My wife's lease on her ion ends March 20th, and she was getting impatient. We went to the dealership saturday prepared to purchase a Silver R/T on the lot, and the dealer checked our order. They said our vehicle was shipped on the 16th of February, and it is to arrive at the dealership on the 21st. Now I beilieve it when I see it of course, but am hoping their information is correct....

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I ordered a Sunburst Orange R/T with Mygig when the mygig option was finally able to be ordered (January 8th?). My wife's lease on her ion ends March 20th, and she was getting impatient. We went to the dealership saturday prepared to purchase a Silver R/T on the lot, and the dealer checked our order. They said our vehicle was shipped on the 16th of February, and it is to arrive at the dealership on the 21st. Now I beilieve it when I see it of course, but am hoping their information is correct....
We'll all be praying for you buddy...I've been waiting since mid dec. for that MyGig. I should have a status today from my dealer. BTW...My wife has taught me patience since I ordered mine. Let us know when you get it, and post some pics!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.