Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info on Mygig:
I want to know when connecting my blackberry phone to it via bluetooth, where the microphone is to speak into...I have see a few posts saying they have needed a microphone for some reason!....is that true do I have to get a mic before using my phone through it?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi there,

it must be too early in the day for our american friends. here goes,

The mic for the Mygig should be in some way attached to your rear view mirror if there is nothing then you need to get a Mic seperate.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

it must be too early in the day for our american friends. here goes,

The mic for the Mygig should be in some way attached to your rear view mirror if there is nothing then you need to get a Mic seperate.
:Na_Na_Na_Na: WAKE UP!...not having the car yet, but when its delivered I will look at the rear view mirror for a mic..cheers.
and whats all this that it should play a dvd aswel?

·
Registered
615 Posts
HI there, still the 1st to reply! yeah mine plays dvd i think all the units do i dont know about mygig i guess they must although mine plays dvd i dont have the screen to watch anything, mygig is on the cards tho. when do you collect it? you'll need to post some pictures!

·
Registered
162 Posts
You would need the U-Connect module to get the bluetooth pairing and integration with the stereo system.

But as my dealer told me. Dodge UK (Chrysler UK) have not got the UK equiv of FCC clearance for the radio part of the device. So UK models do not have U-Connect fitted.

However.... some UK people on here have purchased the module from the US and fitted it themselves.

·
Registered
834 Posts
the dealership that used to be in Derby want to charge me £400 to connect the u-connect its just a flash on the system ,the mike ,and everthing needed is all ready fitted to a uk spec sxt nitro so

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would need the U-Connect module to get the bluetooth pairing and integration with the stereo system.

But as my dealer told me. Dodge UK (Chrysler UK) have not got the UK equiv of FCC clearance for the radio part of the device. So UK models do not have U-Connect fitted.

However.... some UK people on here have purchased the module from the US and fitted it themselves.

let me get this right, are you saying I can't use my phone through bluetooth unless I get a U-connect Module?....My Nitro hasn't been delivered yet, but some of the spec that was in the waffle about my one is below!!...

"The fabulous MyGIG infotainment system combines navigation, the uconnect Hands-Free Communication System, real time Traffic Messaging Channel (TMC), a Voice Memo Recorder, multiple ways to save and play back music and high-quality audio.MyGIG features a 20GB hard drive for storing photos and more than 1000 digital music files, playlists, maps, points of interest and more."

It states "the uconnect Hands-Free Communication System"..so are we saying I still need some kind of other module before I can use my phone?

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are different models of Mygig.

The ones with Nav, have the uconnect module built in. If it is coming from the factory, the rearview mirror will have the microphone built in.

If it is non-nav with uconnect, It may have the mirror or a seperate mic on the headliner somewhere. The uconnect module is not built into the unit on this non-nav type.

Typically from the factory you will have the mirror with mic installed. A dealer installed one will have a mic installed elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are different models of Mygig.

The ones with Nav, have the uconnect module built in. If it is coming from the factory, the rearview mirror will have the microphone built in.

If it is non-nav with uconnect, It may have the mirror or a seperate mic on the headliner somewhere. The uconnect module is not built into the unit on this non-nav type.

Typically from the factory you will have the mirror with mic installed. A dealer installed one will have a mic installed elsewhere.

Hope this helps.
thanks for that...puts my mind at rest abit!...it is a Nav model.
I thought I was going to have to spend some more money getting my phone to work in the nitro for a minute there. (pic of the inside)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know now, the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!

Looks good. I think the REW has the built in uconnect as well. The US model is RER.
lol...funny that!....I noticed some bugger had built it with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

errr what's REW? and RER?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Folks this is slighty off topic. Does anyone know if the following will work in a 2009 dodge nitro UK verson

Type: NTG4 REZ
Supplier: 36670 I
*TOOBE072850177*
*PO5064248AK*
(the above numbers are on the main sticker)
(the below numbers are on a smaller sticker on the side)
Model:6821/6823
H/B P/N 1883909

·
Registered
162 Posts
All i know is mine does not have U-Connect. And the connectors for it are behind the glovebox.
Im actually not bothered, since ive got a BlueTooth Mirror, which automatically pairs with my phone as soon as i get in the car. Its neat, invisible, and sounds nice n clear.

My Nitro has the 6 DVD changer head unit, with Infinity Amp, and Subwoofer. I believe the speakers are also upgraded Infinity units.
All i know is, on Bass +8, Mid +2, Treb +1, it sounds AWESOME !.

The best factory sound system ive ever heard.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The head unit must be hi speed bus to work in the Nitro, be careful there are a lot of low speed bus head units on ebay and such like.

I have the non nav RB2 (RBZ in the US) mygig head unit which plays DVD's when in park, as soon as you move the stick out of park the DVD stops working. The way to overcome this is in using the 'mygig lock pick' system.

My RB2 has the u connect button on the fascia but no internal bits to make it work. it needs the 82212159 Bluetooth module kit fitted and then flashed by the dealer to make it work. The 82212159 kit includes a stick on mic.

The handsfree mirror has two large connector bays on the rear side of it and two mic grilles on the topside...easy to spot the difference with the UK auto dim mirror which only has one connector bay on the backside and no grilles on the top. The part number for the handsfree mirror is 55157457AC.

If you are lucky enough to have the nav mygig with the Bluetooth internals then you should also have this mirror already installed. if not check out ebay there's one on there for $65 plus shipping to the UK. or I guess you could fit the stick on mic to do the job.

Or... if you have the same setup as me you could go with a parrot handsfree connected into your wiring using the appropriate INKA-044 cable and INKA -046 telemute cable. I will be using my old Nokia CK7W and these cables to set mine up as £200+ for the 82212159 plus flashing costs is just too damn expensive.

At the moment I am running around on the Nokia CK-7W, handsfree cradle for the old Nokia 6310i with Bluetooth conversion handset slotted in and separate speaker with stick on mic...don't laugh it works, the only thing it doesn't do is mute the radio...yet!

The above was posted in the wrong thread...now the right one!!

Question: Paul is your Bluetooth mirror an aftermarket brand if so could you give me the details on it?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks Meder ...worth a post as info for others if nothing else I guess :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.