Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info on Mygig:
I want to know when connecting my blackberry phone to it via bluetooth, where the microphone is to speak into...I have see a few posts saying they have needed a microphone for some reason!....is that true do I have to get a mic before using my phone through it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

it must be too early in the day for our american friends. here goes,

The mic for the Mygig should be in some way attached to your rear view mirror if there is nothing then you need to get a Mic seperate.
:Na_Na_Na_Na: WAKE UP!...not having the car yet, but when its delivered I will look at the rear view mirror for a mic..cheers.
and whats all this that it should play a dvd aswel?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would need the U-Connect module to get the bluetooth pairing and integration with the stereo system.

But as my dealer told me. Dodge UK (Chrysler UK) have not got the UK equiv of FCC clearance for the radio part of the device. So UK models do not have U-Connect fitted.

However.... some UK people on here have purchased the module from the US and fitted it themselves.

let me get this right, are you saying I can't use my phone through bluetooth unless I get a U-connect Module?....My Nitro hasn't been delivered yet, but some of the spec that was in the waffle about my one is below!!...

"The fabulous MyGIG infotainment system combines navigation, the uconnect Hands-Free Communication System, real time Traffic Messaging Channel (TMC), a Voice Memo Recorder, multiple ways to save and play back music and high-quality audio.MyGIG features a 20GB hard drive for storing photos and more than 1000 digital music files, playlists, maps, points of interest and more."

It states "the uconnect Hands-Free Communication System"..so are we saying I still need some kind of other module before I can use my phone?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are different models of Mygig.

The ones with Nav, have the uconnect module built in. If it is coming from the factory, the rearview mirror will have the microphone built in.

If it is non-nav with uconnect, It may have the mirror or a seperate mic on the headliner somewhere. The uconnect module is not built into the unit on this non-nav type.

Typically from the factory you will have the mirror with mic installed. A dealer installed one will have a mic installed elsewhere.

Hope this helps.
thanks for that...puts my mind at rest abit!...it is a Nav model.
I thought I was going to have to spend some more money getting my phone to work in the nitro for a minute there. (pic of the inside)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know now, the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!

Looks good. I think the REW has the built in uconnect as well. The US model is RER.
lol...funny that!....I noticed some bugger had built it with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

errr what's REW? and RER?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.