Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to activate the radio, the vehicle has to be driven for 5 minutes. Driving the vehicle will enable communication between the GPS satellite and the radio.

As for the inoperative factory installed U-Connect, the factory installed U-Connect capability will be lost. Mopar is currently developing a jumper harness to resume hands free operation. Once the jumper is made available, it can be installed at a later date. There is no time frame as to when the harness will be available at this time.

If the vehicle is not equipped with factory U-Connect and the customer wants hands free capability along with the MYGIG RER radio, the feature will not function without the rear view mirror remote microphone. The service rear view mirror (w/microphone feature) for the applicable vehicle would have to be ordered along with a MOPAR wiring harness. The harness is under development and will be avaialble at a later date to add the hands free operation. No time frame as to when the harness is going to be available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
u-connect

Hello, my first post here.
I just bought a 07 and it has the Mygig feature, but the salesman said that it doesn't have the phone setup which is the u-connect.

My question is can this feature be turned on?

What do I have to do or buy to get this feature to work. Thanks guy's

Rico

·
Registered
26 Posts
U-Connect

read the book of my gig and you will be able to activate the phone if you have bluetoth.
I went by the dealer and showed one of the managers there and he check it out and said, I do have the u-connect installed. I'm having the dealer put Xzilon auto protection inside and out on my R/T and they are going to detail it for me on Friday. He told me my salesman will show me how to set it up after the detail is done. Thanks

Rico

·
Registered
6 Posts
MyGig installation after the fact

2/18/2008

I just found this out recently (regarding the jumper) when I purchased the MyGig for my 2007 Nitro. I lost the capability for the UConnect after they installed it and spent additional hours trying to get both the UConnect voice recognition and the GPS to work.

Any word on when they plan on releasing the cable? I wished they hadn't released the system or at least had a disclaimer stating there were some flaws in the system. This was a huge surprise to the Dodge service department I had install the kit.

Also

ViKing

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the latest I've heard, but I will believe when I see it. The special harness that will not be released until May. For vehicles without the UConnect rearview mirror, the Mopar p/n will be 82211649. Purchase of a rearview mirror with UConnect is necessary. For vehicles with the factory UConnect mirror, the required adaptor harness will be p/n 82211666. Hope this helps.:smileup:

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is the latest I've heard, but I will believe when I see it. The special harness that will not be released until May. For vehicles without the UConnect rearview mirror, the Mopar p/n will be 82211649. Purchase of a rearview mirror with UConnect is necessary. For vehicles with the factory UConnect mirror, the required adaptor harness will be p/n 82211666. Hope this helps.:smileup:
From reading other forums/boards, this harness will allow those with the RER MyGIG units to add the microphone mirror and have uconnect (being the uconnect module is built in to the RER). For those with the REN or REQ, this will not work with the Mopar kit.

NitroTech can verify if it requires the VIN activation on the RER models??

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From reading other forums/boards, this harness will allow those with the RER MyGIG units to add the microphone mirror and have uconnect (being the uconnect module is built in to the RER). For those with the REN or REQ, this will not work with the Mopar kit.

NitroTech can verify if it requires the VIN activation on the RER models??
Like StarBandit says the Uconnect is part of the RER MyGIG but its not likely with the addition of the mirror/microphone for handsfree a vehicle configuration would be required. The mirror doesn't have BUS circuits so it doesn't need to activated on the BUS for it to operate.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Like StarBandit says the Uconnect is part of the RER MyGIG but its not likely with the addition of the mirror/microphone for handsfree a vehicle configuration would be required. The mirror doesn't have BUS circuits so it doesn't need to activated on the BUS for it to operate.
I wasn't sure on the RER uconnect, since being uconnect was not part of the vin flash but is part of the RER flash, would it still need to be activated?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys, been trying to follow this thread but getting lost. I have a 2007 Nitro that has uconnect and VR buttons on the Mygig. My phone pairs ok with the Mygig but my mirror has no mic. I belive this was due to a legal issue with Dodge in Europe. I spoke to a dealer today who has researched the matter and says he can special order me a cable and new mirror at a cost of about £150 ($280 ish), fitting would be about the same again. Obviously $600 to get hands-free in my car is out of the question.
My question is... the cable costs less than $20, if I get that, is there any way to simply wire a microphone into the system. I could do a nice job of fitting a microphone and wouldn't have to replace an expensive mirror which has nothing wrong with it.
I'd love to hear if anyone has used the mirror replacement or indeed their own solution, I'm sure there are loads of nitros in the UK with this problem. Cheers, Doc

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi guys, been trying to follow this thread but getting lost. I have a 2007 Nitro that has uconnect and VR buttons on the Mygig. My phone pairs ok with the Mygig but my mirror has no mic. I belive this was due to a legal issue with Dodge in Europe. I spoke to a dealer today who has researched the matter and says he can special order me a cable and new mirror at a cost of about £150 ($280 ish), fitting would be about the same again. Obviously $600 to get hands-free in my car is out of the question.
My question is... the cable costs less than $20, if I get that, is there any way to simply wire a microphone into the system. I could do a nice job of fitting a microphone and wouldn't have to replace an expensive mirror which has nothing wrong with it.
I'd love to hear if anyone has used the mirror replacement or indeed their own solution, I'm sure there are loads of nitros in the UK with this problem. Cheers, Doc
You could also go this route and it's much cheaper! Contact him and see if he will ship to Europe??

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could also go this route and it's much cheaper! Contact him and see if he will ship to Europe??
By heck... genius!

Exactly what I was looking for. I'll message the dude and find out. I don't undertand all the names for Mygig.... I have 20gb haard drive, navigation, bluetooth pairs with my phone... all I seem to lack is microphone in rearview mirror. Is that what is called RER? Thanks so much for you reply.

I'm giddy with excitement now lol :chuckle:
Doc

·
Registered
527 Posts
By heck... genius!

Exactly what I was looking for. I'll message the dude and find out. I don't undertand all the names for Mygig.... I have 20gb haard drive, navigation, bluetooth pairs with my phone... all I seem to lack is microphone in rearview mirror. Is that what is called RER? Thanks so much for you reply.

I'm giddy with excitement now lol :chuckle:
Doc
Glad to help! Yes, you have the RER version of MyGIG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've ordered the microphone from Marc in Michigan via ebay. He said he wasn't certain if it would work with my unit which he called a REW. Does that sound right to you guys, Starbandit reckoned my unit was RER.

I've paid $70 for Marc to ship it to the UK but expect customs and mail costs in the UK to add up to another $50. Can't wait for it to arrive, just now the Mygig is answering calls in the car, displaying callers number and putting them through the speakers.....they just can't hear me!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've ordered the microphone from Marc in Michigan via ebay. He said he wasn't certain if it would work with my unit which he called a REW. Does that sound right to you guys, Starbandit reckoned my unit was RER.
Would think the microphone pinouts on the units are the same regardless of model (RER, REN, REW and REQ). REW is the european model of the RER and assume that it provides the EU maps, data, languages, etc. that us across the pond would not need and vice versa.

I've paid $70 for Marc to ship it to the UK but expect customs and mail costs in the UK to add up to another $50. Can't wait for it to arrive, just now the Mygig is answering calls in the car, displaying callers number and putting them through the speakers.....they just can't hear me!
WOW another $50 once it hits UK soil. And I guess that's the slow boat shipping method. :) This should cure your problems with no voice. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey thanks starbandit. That helps alot, much appreciated. Yeah I'm afraid the taxes and handling charges are somewhat unpredictable and excessive.

I'll let you know how I get on.... can't wait to get behind that dash!

·
Registered
11 Posts
IT WORKS! IT WORKS! Fitted this today and it works a treat. The guy was easy to deal with, great with communication and had no problem posting to me in the UK. Cannot recommend this route highly enough.

Nice one Nitroforumz!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.