Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to activate the radio, the vehicle has to be driven for 5 minutes. Driving the vehicle will enable communication between the GPS satellite and the radio.

As for the inoperative factory installed U-Connect, the factory installed U-Connect capability will be lost. Mopar is currently developing a jumper harness to resume hands free operation. Once the jumper is made available, it can be installed at a later date. There is no time frame as to when the harness will be available at this time.

If the vehicle is not equipped with factory U-Connect and the customer wants hands free capability along with the MYGIG RER radio, the feature will not function without the rear view mirror remote microphone. The service rear view mirror (w/microphone feature) for the applicable vehicle would have to be ordered along with a MOPAR wiring harness. The harness is under development and will be avaialble at a later date to add the hands free operation. No time frame as to when the harness is going to be available.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the latest I've heard, but I will believe when I see it. The special harness that will not be released until May. For vehicles without the UConnect rearview mirror, the Mopar p/n will be 82211649. Purchase of a rearview mirror with UConnect is necessary. For vehicles with the factory UConnect mirror, the required adaptor harness will be p/n 82211666. Hope this helps.:smileup:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From reading other forums/boards, this harness will allow those with the RER MyGIG units to add the microphone mirror and have uconnect (being the uconnect module is built in to the RER). For those with the REN or REQ, this will not work with the Mopar kit.

NitroTech can verify if it requires the VIN activation on the RER models??
Like StarBandit says the Uconnect is part of the RER MyGIG but its not likely with the addition of the mirror/microphone for handsfree a vehicle configuration would be required. The mirror doesn't have BUS circuits so it doesn't need to activated on the BUS for it to operate.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have one of the first 2007 Nitro R/T's loaded with every option EXCEPT the mygig as it wasn't available then. It currently has the six disc changeer / uconnect / sirius & the rear entertainment system (REV)

I just spent a week leaving my vehicle to get a whole new alpine w505 system put in only to discover I would lose the functionality of the rear unit. So they said I could upgrade to mygig and retain its functionality

I have no idea what CAN BUS I have and which model to go with as I already have the uconnect & sirius.

Can anyone suggest if I am to go with a RER? or a REU? little confused sorry!

hence
You need the RER MyGIG. :smileup:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Makes me think its software that is enabling these features and not necessarily it being an 09 MyGIG. Now if someone could succesfully install the newer software on an older MyGIG unit. I've tried and it was a no go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.