Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
IT WORKS! IT WORKS! Fitted this today and it works a treat. The guy was easy to deal with, great with communication and had no problem posting to me in the UK. Cannot recommend this route highly enough.

Nice one Nitroforumz!
Congrats, doc! Yepper, thats the beauty of this forum. Actually one of the nicest and most helpful forums I have been on (and I've been on dozens!) Have fun with your unit. (I'm waiting for the firmware upgrade so I can pair my phones to them!)

·
Registered
527 Posts
IT WORKS! IT WORKS! Fitted this today and it works a treat. The guy was easy to deal with, great with communication and had no problem posting to me in the UK. Cannot recommend this route highly enough.

Nice one Nitroforumz!
Sounds great, glad it worked out for you and much cheaper than the original quote you had (even with shipping). Enjoy! Not sure which phone you have or software version, but they are updating the MyGIG software constantly. Also, be sure to check your phone for the latest version too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
NitroTech you are correct. I was finally able to get my Navigation to work after findng out that the system I order was missing one or two parts. One the dealer realized it they ordered the GPS antenna t install it. Now I am waiting for the uconnect P/N. Hopefully this will not cost me anymore many than I have already put into it for the feature. The dealer says Mopar might charge for this component even though it should have come with the radio etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have one of the first 2007 Nitro R/T's loaded with every option EXCEPT the mygig as it wasn't available then. It currently has the six disc changeer / uconnect / sirius & the rear entertainment system (REV)

I just spent a week leaving my vehicle to get a whole new alpine w505 system put in only to discover I would lose the functionality of the rear unit. So they said I could upgrade to mygig and retain its functionality

I have no idea what CAN BUS I have and which model to go with as I already have the uconnect & sirius.

Can anyone suggest if I am to go with a RER? or a REU? little confused sorry!

hence

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have one of the first 2007 Nitro R/T's loaded with every option EXCEPT the mygig as it wasn't available then. It currently has the six disc changeer / uconnect / sirius & the rear entertainment system (REV)

I just spent a week leaving my vehicle to get a whole new alpine w505 system put in only to discover I would lose the functionality of the rear unit. So they said I could upgrade to mygig and retain its functionality

I have no idea what CAN BUS I have and which model to go with as I already have the uconnect & sirius.

Can anyone suggest if I am to go with a RER? or a REU? little confused sorry!

hence
You need the RER MyGIG. :smileup:

G

·
The U-Connect harness is here and being installed - the Dodge Dealership installed it yesterday (July 21st, 2008). I purchased my Nitro on January 19th 2008 and I wanted Mygig so they took out the regular radio and put it in - then the U-Connect stopped working. Well, after 7 months of waiting for the jumper harness - I finally have it and it's nice!! The clarity is great on both ends - no background noise on the other persons phone - I've been told it sounds just like I'm on my phone. Oh, and to have a little fun - when pairing your phone to the U-Connect change your name to something crazy like (Sexy Lady or One Hot Dude) and when you start the U-Connect each time she will say "Sexy Lady Connected", etc. Although she talks a bit funny and doesn't pronounce things quite right. We were having fun with it. Well, I hope you all have your U-Connect Jumpers soon too!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a uconnect question. I dont have factory uconnect. so if I get an RER to put in my nitro, I either need the wiring harness plus mirror or I can get the microphone standalone (that was used in the DIO mygigs) and not need the harness?

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
my gig

hi 2 all, mapex 5 here and i want to install a my gig in my 07 slt currently has a 6 disc dvd with 8 speaker and sub fact system, iv'e upgraded speakers with mopar/ kickers. i see alot of my gigs 4 sale but i dont know which one i need,dealer wont say. any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
441 Posts
hi 2 all, mapex 5 here and i want to install a my gig in my 07 slt currently has a 6 disc dvd with 8 speaker and sub fact system, iv'e upgraded speakers with mopar/ kickers. i see alot of my gigs 4 sale but i dont know which one i need,dealer wont say. any help greatly appreciated.
If you want nav and bluetooth go with the rer version of the mygig. Make sure it is the hs (high speed) If you dont want nav or bt capabilites go with the ren version (still hs)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Either way you go it is just a quick swap. I suggest the RER with u-connect. It is just a matter of time before most cities start ticketing people on cell phones while driving. I swapped a basic single CD w/sirrus for the RER mygig. I love it.

Good Luck
Texas Nitro 1091

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mygig

hey there mapex
On a 2007 Dodge Nitro - you will need to install a sales code "RER" mygig unit... your vehicle has a high speed CAN BUS and needs a mygig unit that runs on high speed CAN BUS.
The RER is the mygig for you.
See my "all you need to know about mygig" post to reference part numbers.
I recommend buying from Mr. CD1 on ebay -- he has discounted prices from the dealer and offers warranties...

·
Registered
148 Posts
TUGBOATWATKINS link:
http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=26886&highlight=mygig

RER (with navigation, sirius, and bluetooth.
5064080AB <--These two letters can be different with newer revisions
5064400AB <-- " "
5064739AA <-- " "
REN Models (with sirius, without navigation or bluetooth)
5064245AA
5064759AA

REN Models (without sirius, navigation, or bluetooth)
5064243AD
5064757AA
I have personally tested the 5064759 and the 5064400 and the 5064739
on my 2007 R/T and they all work fantastic. No starscan was required to
use them. I would need starscan to enable my uconnect module for the
REN model only.
The last two letters can also be different with different revisions on
every single model. I just ordered and installed the 5064739AD (newest model) with
GPS ant 05064188AB, Mirror 55157457AC, wiring harness 82211649, and ipod
cable 8221853. I am going to post the install thread later. The
advantage to using the 2009 model (5064739) is that you can control and
browse your i-pod on the screen as well as steering wheel controls if
equipped. Older models are not capable of this and also some only
have the 20 gig harddrive instead of 30gig
I have had really good luck in buying RER units on ebay, and all the
recommondations here are excellent. I bought the Nitro one from the
dealer, to get the newest version. 2009 models go fast on ebay.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Makes me think its software that is enabling these features and not necessarily it being an 09 MyGIG. Now if someone could succesfully install the newer software on an older MyGIG unit. I've tried and it was a no go.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It is a hardware difference I believe. The 07 uconnect did not work with the uci cable that works with the 08 uconnect, but it worked with my 09 challenger uconnect. The 09 RER is different internally than earlier versions.

To clarify:
08 Uconnect in the Nitro was supposed to work with the UCI cable, not the 07 Uconnect. Hardware/Firmware difference
RER only works with 09 that I am aware. Hardware difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What radio to get??????

Hello i Just bought a 2007 dodge nitro with the basic REQ radio with sat....my dodge avenger has a RER in it and i was wondering what i would have to do to install that same radio in my nitro so i can have nav and the hard drive....Any help would be amazing cause the nitro radio quit working and dont want to put another lame radio back in it....Thanks:Racing:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
you need an high speed RER mygig... easy replacement :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
correct, just the gps antenna

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.