Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I noticed my back door latch was not locking so I figured I'd disconnect the negative battery cable to see if it would reset. Unfortunately the only thing I accomplished was my radio completely blacking out. I checked the radio fuse which looked good but replaced anyways. Still nothing? Disconnected the battery over night and only thing I noticed was the knob light came on for half a second and again black screen.I did some research and a site suggests removing the hard drive to see whether it's the hard drive malfunctioning vs a fried the mother board. I guess I'm just seeing if anyone here has any suggestions, I'm assuming the worst but thankfully I kept the stock single disc player for back up.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Hum, strange one. I have heard that a 30 minute Neg battery cable removal (or fuse removal) is needed to reset the radio.
Another option is to have a dealer reset it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Try this,

1. Disconnect positive then negative lead from battery for 2 hours
2. Remove radio mini fuse
3. Connect positive then negative terminals back to battery
4. Insert fuse back in
5. Turn key to accessory, make a wish, and either do the funky dance or get angry

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
609 Posts
You need to remove the radio fuse after you disconnect the battery. Then after waiting you connect battery. After connecting battery put the radio fuse back in.

Not just battery or just fuse.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not do that the first time I removed the negative battery cable (in hopes of fixing the back door lock )that's when I noticed the blacked out screen afterwards.

That's when I tried resetting it again by removing the negitive battery cable but also the fuse at the same time. Replace the fuse once the negative cable was back on. Still no luck

I saw on here that someone fried their mygig by not removing the fuse when putting the cable back on but I feel like ive removed the negitive before and never had the problem

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did remove both the negitive battery cable and the fuse. After reconnecting the battery I then replace the fuse. Then try to turn the stereo on in accessory. Sorry for the confusion but my earlier reply did not post

I may try again this weekend. The stereo would be out for a week. I don't feel I'll need to unconnect the battery but only removing the fuse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.