Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if the RB2 EU model will work in my 2008 Nitro, I do know the RB2 is the European version of the RBZ (apparently) as I'm over the pond in the UK it seems ok.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm bored with the standard RET unit and want to upgrade but can't quite stump up the cash for a Nav unit.

Regards
Nick

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if the RB2 EU model will work in my 2008 Nitro, I do know the RB2 is the European version of the RBZ (apparently) as I'm over the pond in the UK it seems ok.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm bored with the standard RET unit and want to upgrade but can't quite stump up the cash for a Nav unit.

Regards
Nick
The only thing you would need to know if the radio that you are looking at is High Speed or Low Speed. All Nitros run on the High Speed Can Bus. But, then again, the Export Nitros could have been different.

Also, you need to check that the mounting holes are a match. Let us know how you make out.

:cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All checked out ok as High speed CanBus, so bought the unit plugged it in and the screen lights up showing the security code input screen...yep its asking for a code.

Seller says contact your Dealer...me being mistrusting of man with fork tongue at Dealership needs help in making sure I don't get ripped of by Fiat UK. Any ideas how I get the code sorted out????

Regards
Nick

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MYGIG RB2 unlock code help needed???

Hi Guys,

I have now fitted the RB2 into my 2008 Nitro 3.7 and all nicely plugged in the screen comes on in the security code input page.

The seller told me I could get the code from my Dealer, I don't trust Dealers or FIAT UK so can anyone here help me out.

I have the s/n and p/n numbers if it helps?

Oh and I've tried the so called default codes from motv.com 0000, 1111, 1234 and 9999...they don't work :confused:

Any help would be appreciated as always.

Regards
Nick

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
The whole idea behind the unlock code is that if someone steals it, they can not use it. If the seller can not give you the code, I believe that your only option will be the dealer. They will probably search the S/N to see where the radio originated. I purchased one off of ebay, an RBZ, and the seller told me that I would not need an unlock code, because he unlocked it prior to selling it to me. He resells dealer take outs and refurbished units. I installed it, and it works.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry DHH my computer was having connection problems last night. I've downloaded a tech sheet on how the Dealer is supposed to get the radio code from dealerconnect. This is just in case they give me the run around, I can produce the document showing them what they need to do.

What a shame we can't access this info site as legitimate Owners.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just called my local Dealer gave them the serial number T--AM----T---- this is usually on the side of the unit, in my case it came up on the code entry screen. He said the codes come from another website and not the dealer connect site, anyway after him tapping away for 2 minutes he comes back with a 4 digit code.

Now to wait for 30 minutes as I got locked out after using the so called default codes.

...holding breath it works!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SUCCESS!!!! :SHOCKED:

Ok so that's all you need to do...call your dealer give them the serial number of the unit, they go onto some obscure site at their end (not dealer connect), give you the code over the phone and hey presto it should work. All for free, that can't be bad.

...mind if the code doesn't work the unit apparently has to be decoded, and the downside is your dealer can't do it!?

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
I am very happy that it worked out for you. I see that one of the "Big Boys" combined your threads. Sometimes, it can get confusing when you ask the same question in 2 different locations, on the forum. Foreseeing the trouble that you experienced, I made sure that the radio that I purchased was unlocked. Enjoy your tunes. :git:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.