Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure yet if this is going to be the case on the Nitro versions of MyGIG, but the latest application software update (v9.561) eliminates having to constantly press the "Accept" button everytime you start the vehicle or turn on the nav. The screen now automatically disappears after a few seconds.

The main reason for the update was to address the iPhone issues, which it fixed along with a few other software bugs.

Here is a link for the download:DOWNLOAD

The file is quite large, 362.2MB and will take some time to download. Unzip the files to your Hard drive and burn them to a quality CD data disc:

1. Data Disc name needs to be NTG4_9.561

2. Root directory MUST contain only one folder and two files:

BECKER (folder)
CD_INFO.CDI
CONFIG.CDI

Load the CD in your MyGIG and the update will autostart once the disc is recognized. The update will take approximately 10 minutes or so and progress is displayed on-screen. Owners assume all risk and responsibility if they perform this update. Nitroforumz.com will not assume responsibility for MyGIG hardware or software failure due to performing this update.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have a fast connection and the download alone required about 30 minutes. (I got it earlier this evening from another source)

I just finished burning my CD. You can burn the CD in few minutes.

The time consuming part of this is unzipping the files. It takes at least an hour and you have to stay with it because it constantly tries to create folders that it has previously created and you have to push 'Skip', otherwise it will just hang in the unzip process. It unzips to about 560mb.

Also when you start the unzip it will tell you that it will take hours to unzip, then progress to days. At one point I saw 33,200 days. Ignore all of this. The files will eventually unzip.

I am going out now to insert the CD. Wish me luck. I will let you know what happens!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I have a fast connection and the download alone required about 30 minutes. (I got it earlier this evening from another source)

I just finished burning my CD. You can burn the CD in few minutes.

The time consuming part of this is unzipping the files. It takes at least an hour and you have to stay with it because it constantly tries to create folders that it has previously created and you have to push 'Skip', otherwise it will just hang in the unzip process. It unzips to about 560mb.

Also when you start the unzip it will tell you that it will take hours to unzip, then progress to days. At one point I saw 33,200 days. Ignore all of this. The files will eventually unzip.

I am going out now to insert the CD. Wish me luck. I will let you know what happens!
what is the "other source" for the file? :confused:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well, when I burned my disk, it auto-named the CD so my disk doesn't work. All MyGIG did was read it and tell me it was a data disk. Never attempts to do anything more. I put it back in my PC CD drive and that is when I realized it named it today's date and a number.

I have to burn another CD.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well, the second CD worked. Allow 10-15 minutes to load the update on MyGIG. I noticed it moved some on screen buttons around. No big deal. I did not go through every screen.

Biggest disappointment. It does not remove the stupid warning notice! At first it looks like it does. Turn the key off, then back on, it's not there. Take the key out and count to 30 and stick it back and and turn it on, it's still not there. Take the key out and count to 60, it's BACK - blast it all!!

So if you can get out of your vehicle and back in under a minute, no notice. Longer than that, no change. Oh well, perhaps we will see other benefits.

Later...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I let the download go and it took hours, but it was done in the morning. I unzipped it to a folder on my hard drive, it only took a few minutes, using WinZip and it didn't give any messages about duplicate folders or anything. Then I used Roxio to burn a data DVD using the correct disc name as noted in your instructions. I went to Timmies to get my morning coffee then settled into the Nitro to do the upgrade. It took a few seconds for it read the disc, I was afraid it wasn't going to work! Then the upgrade screen appeared asking if I wanted to upgrade from version 9.01 or something like that to 9.561. Of course, I tapped the "Yes" on-screen button. Then I got the screen that you showed in the attachment. After that, it seemed to reboot the system a few times then I got another screen saying it was upgrading "modules". After that, it rebooted yet again, and it was all done!

Thanks for the instructions and the link to the upgrade....thanks NitroTech!

Reactions: NitroTech

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey your welcome Waldorf. Well folks, two members with successful MYGIG updates. Get your download and go update your MYGIG to the latest and greatest software available. :smileup:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Hey your welcome Waldorf. Well folks, two members with successful MYGIG updates. Get your download and go update your MYGIG to the latest and greatest software available. :smileup:
Is there any other or further list of upgrades in the software, other than was is listed in the TSB? Is the GPS navigation maps and such upgraded? :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I let the download go and it took hours, but it was done in the morning. I unzipped it to a folder on my hard drive, it only took a few minutes, using WinZip and it didn't give any messages about duplicate folders or anything. Then I used Roxio to burn a data DVD using the correct disc name as noted in your instructions. I went to Timmies to get my morning coffee then settled into the Nitro to do the upgrade. It took a few seconds for it read the disc, I was afraid it wasn't going to work! Then the upgrade screen appeared asking if I wanted to upgrade from version 9.01 or something like that to 9.561. Of course, I tapped the "Yes" on-screen button. Then I got the screen that you showed in the attachment. After that, it seemed to reboot the system a few times then I got another screen saying it was upgrading "modules". After that, it rebooted yet again, and it was all done!

Thanks for the instructions and the link to the upgrade....thanks NitroTech!
Did you notice some improvement?
Do you think is working in european MyGIG also?

Thanks for your time

Adrian

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Did you notice some improvement?
Do you think is working in european MyGIG also?

Thanks for your time

Adrian
my last post asked what the possible improvements or upgrades might be over and above the terse explanation in the official TSB. Nobody really knows what else is involved or included. I wasn't experiencing any difficulties, but was wondering myself if the nav maps have been updated or not.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just did the update.
The only difference I noticed is the change from "TMC" to a little car icon.
With an update size small enough to easily fit on a CD there is no way this contains any maps.
Since it change from 9.0 to 9.5 there must be some improvements but who knows what they are. Probably to tell the record industry which mp3's I've ripped :SHOCKED:. . .

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just did the update.
The only difference I noticed is the change from "MC" to a little car icon.
With an update size small enough to easily fit on a CD there is no way this contains any maps.
Since it change from 9.0 to 9.5 there must be some improvements but who knows what they are. Probably to tell the record industry which mp3's I've ripped :SHOCKED:. . .
This was nice !! :ura1:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess no one seen this post???

my last post asked what the possible improvements or upgrades might be over and above the terse explanation in the official TSB. Nobody really knows what else is involved or included. I wasn't experiencing any difficulties, but was wondering myself if the nav maps have been updated or not.
Hey guys, I guess you missed this post on a description of the updates expected and coming soon. :wavey:

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showpost.php?p=37431&postcount=7

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I just did the update.
The only difference I noticed is the change from "TMC" to a little car icon.
Is that what that is? I thought it was a pagoda! :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Woohoo, I did the update and it finally took. Something went wrong during the process, it froze, and I had to finally pull the fuse. After pulling my hair out for a while, several tries, more waiting, the problem area completed it's flash, the update restarted in a lower place, and completed.
I had the engine running, and maybe that's a big no-no.
The TSB said to have the key in accessory.
That Dodge splash screen was the most beautiful site to see when it came back up.:smileup:

The accept button does disappear by itself now, and short restarts of the radio, it's not visible. :Racing:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Waldorf, did your upgrade successfully remove having to press the 'Accept' button every time you start the vehicle?
nope, still there! I haven't noticed anything major. The TSB seems to say it was an update to address certain "possible" scenarios where things may go wrong. This sounds to me like a bug fix update, not a features update. As niftie said, they couldn't do an update to the GPS mapping within the size limitations of a CD. I burned it to a DVD because I don't have any blank CDs laying around and it worked just fine. What the benefits of this are, are unclear to me! :chuckle:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.